Vive or Oculus?

Go to solution Solved by AresKrieger,

I'd wait for an actual release then decide because preordering isn't worth the hassle it's better to see what the products are like first.

I have a lot of cash lying around... I am thinking about ordering the Oculus Rift. I am in no rush, so I may wait for the Vive. I really have no clue on which on to go for. Currently leaning towards Oculus Rift. Guidance is appreciated.

Thanks - Covert.

I'd wait for an actual release then decide because preordering isn't worth the hassle it's better to see what the products are like first.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

just wait for reviews so many people have been burnt on pre ordering, and if you have cash to burn just go for the one thats better.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Neither.

I know that vive is still have grainy image, as for rift I haven no idea yet.

Just wait..

I can also get a 4k monitor, wait for VR to be mainstream.

100 dollars for a VR headset with Samsung Gear VR!

Well if you have a S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ or Note 5...

And if you want to play 1 game...

Or watch movies or whatever...

IMO it's shit.

Like there's a lot apps for any VR device atm, i'd use VR for watching movies only anyway.

Just a alternate to the Vive or Rift.

I wait for Valves Solution.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

voted rift, but I will wait until it is reviews and videos on both on them and we know the price of vive before I decide. but right now, I am little bit more on rift side than vives

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I wait for Valves Solution.

The Vive is from Valve/HTC.

Wonder when reviews will come..

February, I would guess.

At the moment it seems that the screens and specs may be very similar.

However, the Vive seems to have the lead if you want a generic VR experience with a larger room and moving about.

That said, the Rift solution is more elegant for those of us who are more interested in sitting at a desk with a KB & M, controller or Hotas.

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

At the moment it seems that the screens and specs may be very similar.

However, the Vive seems to have the lead if you want a generic VR experience with a larger room and moving about.

That said, the Rift solution is more elegant for those of us who are more interested in sitting at a desk with a KB & M, controller or Hotas.

I am now thinking about making a solely VR rig with a 390 and 4690k... with an Oculus.

I pre-ordered the Oculus, though I am intrigued by Vive's full room scanning ability.  I tested Oculus at E3 2015 and was very impressed.  It is very refined at this point - I think perhaps more so than Vive.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build