Chevrolet’s Bolt is an electric vehicle that is affordable and will provide upgrade to autonomous mode in future

jos

bolt-copy.jpg?w=738

Chevrolet Bolt, when it goes on sale later this year it will be the first long-range battery electric vehicle that's truly affordable. after the $7500 IRS EV tax credit, the Bolt will cost under $30,000, making it cheaper than the average new-car price ($33,560 in 2015, according to Kelley Blue Book). Not bad at all for an EV with a 200-mile range. it's a full five seater with plenty of room in the back and decent trunk space, something enabled by the car's "skateboard" chassis. It has a single electric motor up front that drives the front wheels.

There's a 10.2-inch touchscreen on the dash, which uses a customizable widget-based UI on top of the latest version of GM's MyLink platform. According to Fletcher, once initially paired with your phone, the Bolt will connect instantly via Bluetooth whenever it's in range. It uses that connection to configure the car to your settings

Bolt can be updated as autonomous technology comes out, and the car could serve as the ideal option for its partnership with ride-sharing service Lyft.

Officials touted the Bolt’s large interior space — 94.4 cubic feet — and roominess in the front and back. It features a deep center console that’s big enough to store an iPad or purse and there’s plenty of space underneath its 10.2-inch color touchscreen

The two front seats also use a thinner seat-back, which leads to more legroom and space for the rear passengers. The battery is packaged below the vehicle for even more room and a flat floor.

Gesse said the Bolt will feature two technological firsts for Chevy: a rear camera mirror and surround vision.

The rear camera mirror uses a new lens on the back of the liftgate to provide a wide-angle view behind the car, which is projected across the entire rear view mirror.

Surround vision uses four cameras to create a 360 degree view around the vehicle that a driver can use while parking.

The car will allow customers to post their one-charge range and best efficiency numbers online to compete against others.

Source1

Source2

The Bolt will be deeply integrated with your smartphone (and personalized to your homescreen when it recognizes your phone, for example). It offers a fast-charging mode as well.

The Bolt will feature both support for Android Auto and Apple Car Play. In addition, Chevy is launching a new mobile app for Bolt drivers, too, that will give them all of the information about their car on their phones.

Chevy used today’s keynote to throw some shade on Tesla, too. The company noted how it still believes in the dealer model and how its customers will never have to drive to another state to service their cars.

Update to autonomous is a good deal as well..

Too bad it looks like utter crap...

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

have you seen the bmw i3?

looks like a straight copy

have you seen the bmw i3?

It looks worse.. I know.  This Chevy is a cheap i3.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Oh good, the 2017s are here... about time; 2016 is so last week!

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Based on chevy's entertainment system, i wouldnt trust auto drive from GM. Only somewhat kidding... i know a lot of people who work for Ford and GM programming.

More affordable EV i like, but why must everyone make them look like shit. Is it really that hard to get a decent body styling? Its basically the same size as the Sonic it looks like, why not shove that body on top of the powertrain?

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

"whats the level of power?" 

"Around 0-60 in 7 seconds."

What kind of answer is that? All that's telling me is that it has 140-210ish hp. 

Automatic fail. Chevy has been and will continue to be behind everyone else on the electric car race. Chevy does not have a chance in frozen hell to catch up and do well.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Based on chevy's entertainment system, i wouldnt trust auto drive from GM. Only somewhat kidding... i know a lot of people who work for Ford and GM programming.

More affordable EV i like, but why must everyone make them look like shit. Is it really that hard to get a decent body styling? Its basically the same size as the Sonic it looks like, why not shove that body on top of the powertrain?

aerodynamics? or perhaps it's just to look flashy. I honestly hate how some auto makers are making their cars look futuristic. Lexus and benz do it right. Nissan and chevy (not camaro or c7) don't.  

aerodynamics? or perhaps it's just to look flashy. I honestly hate how some auto makers are making their cars look futuristic. Lexus and benz do it right. Nissan and chevy (not camaro or c7) don't.  

I beg to differ...

2015_nissan_gtr_nismo_02-1940x1293.jpg

I don't know why everyone is hating on it so much, it's not a Tesla and it's not trying to be. It's a decently priced fully electric car with many new features not yet seen at that price point. If the space, range, and acceleration are correct, this would make for a very useful second family car. I honestly think it's a decent step towards electric cars going mainstream.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

I beg to differ...

2015_nissan_gtr_nismo_02-1940x1293.jpg

that design is almost a decade old. I'm talking about the maxima. I don't hate Nissan, I have a 13 altima

I love my 2014 camaro (though i hate the trunk, i can JUST barely fit my paintball bag in it) but i agree on the futuristic look.

I dont think its entirely aerodynamics, though i guess it could play into it. It just feels like all the companies are buying into this "EV Look" and styling all their cars that way. Tesla clearly proved that you can make a normal looking car that can give sufficient performance (though i guess they have extra performance to spare to make up for it on some models)

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Phones:

200 miles claimed is impressive,but if I read right no actual range tests have been done yet so that could all be crap. Plus it looks like the bastard child of an i3, a Matiz and an Up with the front grill.

Still, until battery tech advances electric cars will be useless because of the range and how stupidly quick the batteries degrade, plus their weight

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

I honestly think it's a decent step towards electric cars going mainstream.

If they prove to be safe cars without serious defects, absolutely. GM has a terrible track record.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I don't know why everyone is hating on it so much, it's not a Tesla and it's not trying to be. It's a decently priced fully electric car with many new features not yet seen at that price point. If the space, range, and acceleration are correct, this would make for a very useful second family car. I honestly think it's a decent step towards electric cars going mainstream.

I could honestly see my dad having one, too bad it will probably have a cheap interior cause it's Gm and the tech in the car isn't cheap.

that design is almost a decade old. I'm talking about the maxima. I don't hate Nissan, I have a 13 altima

The GTR design hasn't changed because people love it. It's kind of like a Mini Cooper. There's no reason to change.

I love my 2014 camaro (though i hate the trunk, i can JUST barely fit my paintball bag in it) but i agree on the futuristic look.

I dont think its entirely aerodynamics, though i guess it could play into it. It just feels like all the companies are buying into this "EV Look" and styling all their cars that way. Tesla clearly proved that you can make a normal looking car that can give sufficient performance (though i guess they have extra performance to spare to make up for it on some models)

I'm assuming you have a v8 SS correct?

Too bad it looks like utter crap...

Only with all the decals on it, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Automatic fail. Chevy has been and will continue to be behind everyone else on the electric car race. Chevy does not have a chance in frozen hell to catch up and do well.

People said that about Intel and iGPUs, and now look who's got the last laugh.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Only with all the decals on it, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm not going to force my opinion onto you but..... Even without the decals the shape is horrid.

I'm assuming you have a v8 SS correct?

V6 2LT, still more than enough BHP for me, and is fun to drive around. And the v6s lose their value slower so i can resell later for something else. Plus it beats my buddies v8 GXP and another friends v6 pony in a mile pretty easily.

Primary:

HTPC:

NAS:

Phones: