Buy a console or pc peripherals?

RaymondL

Its as the title reads i can either can a new monitor,mouse and keyboard or an xbox one

Most of my friends play on xbox one and i really want to join them but i am tempted to buy the pc things that i need to replace my current peripherals...

what shall i do?

Thankyou

Desktop-CPU:Intel Core i7 6700GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITIONRAM:16GB (4x4) HyperX DDR4 2400mhzPSU:Corsair CX750HDDSSD: 1.5TB SANDISK ULTRA 2 SSD, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD 1TB BlueCase:GAMERMAX ONYXGigabyte H170M-DS3H

Laptop(MSI GS70 Stealth Pro)-CPU:Intel I7 4720HQGPU:Nvidia GTX 970MRam:8GB DDR3Storage:1TB HDD+128GB SSD

Its as the title reads i can either can a new monitor,mouse and keyboard or an xbox one

Most of my friends play on xbox one and i really want to join them but i am tempted to buy the pc things that i need to replace my current peripherals...

what shall i do?

Thankyou

peripherals... I don't need to say why.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

buy really nice peripherals or buy a turd. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (i'm fucking joking, if you really wanna play with friends, go for it.)

what shall i do?

Thankyou

I'd say you'd enjoy playing with your friends more than shiny new peripherals. Unless your current gear is in really bad shape.

Almost as cool as my temps  

Personally if all of my friends were playing on a console i would buy one just to play with them.

Main PC : CPU: I7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VII RAM: 32GB Crucial 2133MHz GPU: GTX 980ti 2-Way SLI Drives: 2 850 Evo 250GB, 1 TB WD Blue CASE: 750D PSU: RM1000W

I mean.. You can get a Xeon 1231v3 and a B85 mobo for the price of a console

You can also get some really amazing peripheals,

Like personally I'd get a,

Ducky Shine 5

Mionix Castor

Steelseries QCK mousepad

Then Sennhieser HD558s/598s and a modmic/bluesnowball/yeti

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I'd switch to Intel and get off of that FX platform, but that's just my opinion.

I'd switch to Intel and get off of that FX platform, but that's just my opinion.

As I do agree look at his peripheals on his profile then look at my.commemt.

Though the FX series will last long enough that I think getting the peripheals I named would improve his experience more.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

People are going to get mad at me for saying this, but if you really want that Xbox One, get it. It's really a shame to not be able to play games with your friends just because you're under the pressure of being called a peasant or some other stuff that one would call a console gamer. Sure peripherals and a monitor would be a better choice for most reasons, but it really comes down to having fun. PC has its benifits, and I'd use it over a console at any day, but if your friends really want to console game with you, and you feel the same, then get that console, because it's better to play games with your friends and have fun doing so on 30 FPS on low then indulge in the glorius clicky feel of Cherry MX switches or a 144Hz 1440p Monitor. 

As the PCMR forum rules say,

Owning a console does not necessarily make you a peasant.

So TL:DR, get a console, have fun with your friends, get some peripherals and indulge in the gloriousness of it all. You make the choice.

atm im using really cheap generic keyboard and mouse and my monitor is vga 1366x768 samsung syncmaster. I might go with buying a console and save for peripherals later as i seem to be missing out on alot not having an xbox one:/

Desktop-CPU:Intel Core i7 6700GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITIONRAM:16GB (4x4) HyperX DDR4 2400mhzPSU:Corsair CX750HDDSSD: 1.5TB SANDISK ULTRA 2 SSD, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD 1TB BlueCase:GAMERMAX ONYXGigabyte H170M-DS3H

Laptop(MSI GS70 Stealth Pro)-CPU:Intel I7 4720HQGPU:Nvidia GTX 970MRam:8GB DDR3Storage:1TB HDD+128GB SSD

Peripherals. There won't be much you can get on an XBOne that you can't get on PC. Most of the"must have" titles are multi-platform. Now if the question was whether to get a Wii U or a monitor? That'd be a different story.....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing