i7 6700 or 6700k

Hey, so I bought almost all my parts for my new build, only product left to purchase is my CPU. I decided to go for a skylake build, so I ended getting up a Z170 Motherboard, DDR4 and all that good stuff. But right now the i7 6700(k) are low in stock and expensive. But I found a place which has both of them in stock, the i7 6700 for $440 and i7 6700k for $520. So is the 6700k worth it for $80 more?

Thanks

Hey, so I bought almost all my parts for my new build, only product left to purchase is my CPU. I decided to go for a skylake build, so I ended getting up a Z170 Motherboard, DDR4 and all that good stuff. But right now the i7 6700(k) are low in stock and expensive. But I found a place which has both of them in stock, the i7 6700 for $440 and i7 6700k for $520. So is the 6700k worth it for $80 more?

Thanks

Its only worth it if you want to overclock. the 6700 is a very good CPU in itself so you wont need to overclock it 

Are you planning on overclocking? If so then yes. If not then no. Don't bother, of course overclocking capability depends on your CPU Cooler, if you were going with water-cooling and not overclocking, that'd be completely pointless as it'd be a waste of money.

The 6700K does run at a higher frequency, but I would still recommend the 6700 If you do not Intend to overclock.

I'm using the i7 6700 and its a very good CPU at it's locked speed. But if you want some more juice from it go for the i7 6700k (But there is no stock cooler, You will have to buy your own)

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

Are you planning on overclocking? If so then yes. If not then no. Don't bother, of course overclocking capability depends on your CPU Cooler, if you were going with water-cooling and not overclocking, that'd be completely pointless as it'd be a waste of money.

Its only worth it if you want to overclock. the 6700 is a very good CPU in itself so you wont need to overclock it 

I was planning on watercooling it, mostly for aesthetics and low noise. So, if I end up buying the 6700k and overclock it then the $80 difference is worth it right? 

I was planning on watercooling it, mostly for aesthetics and low noise. So, if I end up buying the 6700k and overclock it then the $80 difference is worth it right? 

yes. if you plan to overclock. with watercooling you can get a large performance boost. though the overclock wont really increase performance in games, it can help with other tasks (or if you just want to push the most out of your computers potential

Personally I'd say it is not worth. Pretty much all MB manufacturers have launched bios to overclock non-k skylake with z170 chipset. So, unless you plan to do extreme overclock with skylake go for the 6700, you can easily set it to 4.5GHz and have a blast with it.

i7 5775c @4.1GHz // 2x4GB 2400MHz CL10 // R9 285 @1120/1575MHz // SSD MX100 512GB // Z97M Gaming // RM550 // Prolimatech Megahalems+ NF-P14s Redux // Cooletk U3