Did I win the silicon lottery? i5 4690K 5GHz

Hello, everyone.

Last night I started tinkering around with my i5 4690K and I was able to get it to 5GHz on all cores.

I think it's an unhealthy overclock.

Baseclock is 102.1MHz, CoreVoltage is 1.450V and Multiplyer is 49.

I'm not sure how low I can set the voltage yet.

I'd appreciate your comments =)

I run it at 4.5GHz with 1.200V at the moment btw.

[never touch a running system]

That voltage seems rather high to me, but 5 GHz is fantastic :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Nice.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Gratz. Think I lucked out on mine. 4.5 at 1.32v D:

Wanna swap? xD

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

What does it mean to get to 5ghz? You can boot @ 5ghz? That's oddly vague.

I can run games on it and stress test it for an hour without any problems.

The temperatures are getting pretty high now ... 78°C / 172.4°F

Gratz. Think I lucked out on mine. 4.5 at 1.32v D:

Wanna swap? xD

I'll pm you if I ever swap it out for an i7 4790K ;)

What does it mean to get to 5ghz? You can boot @ 5ghz? That's oddly vague.

I imagine it means he's stress tested at 5 GHz and it's stable, but you are right we should ask...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Noice.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

78C isn't that high

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

78C isn't that high

yeah no kidding, at that voltage and speed, thats fantastic

Back off voltage a step and test @ 5GHZ,..... each step down,....until it crash's, then add some back on top for stability.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thank you very much for your responses, everyone!

Aren't voltages that high unhealthy for the CPU?

Thank you very much for your responses, everyone!

Aren't voltages that high unhealthy for the CPU?

I think so.  Personally I would be uncomfortable pushing any haswell chip over 1.3, but perhaps the refresh ones are a bit tougher

Hello, everyone.

Last night I started tinkering around with my i5 4690K and I was able to get it to 5GHz on all cores.

I think it's an unhealthy overclock.

Baseclock is 102.1MHz, CoreVoltage is 1.450V and Multiplyer is 49.

I'm not sure how low I can set the voltage yet.

I'd appreciate your comments =)

I run it at 4.5GHz with 1.200V at the moment btw.

rub it in my face, a**hole. i lost the lottery.. 1.25 on 4.4 .... and isnt even stable i have to put 2 cores on 43. but then stable 4.7 on all cores 1.41v, that was autotune, so i think i could put 48 multiplier because autotune always puts 2much voltage

rub it in my face, a**hole. i lost the lottery.. 1.25 on 4.4 .... and isnt even stable i have to put 2 cores on 43. but then stable 4.7 on all cores 1.41v, that was autotune, so i think i could put 48 multiplier because autotune always puts 2much voltage

I'm kinda sorry to hear that but I consider 4.4GHz still pretty high ;)

Just think about the stock clock of an i7 4690K and it's price. Then it's kina ok again, isn't it?

I think a lot of people wouldn't want to run that voltage 24/7 on 22nm Tri-Gate.

Closer to 4.7/1.325V would be preferable.

But if you can get it to around 1.4V you can run it if you can cool it

I never managed to get my 4770k stable at anything more than 4.1 GHz, and that was pushing it on voltage so I just said "forget it" and put it back to stock.  Feel better now?

Isn't there somethink like a sweetspot for corevoltage on devils canyon?

Otherwise I go back to my 4.5GHz at 1.200V I guess ^^

I'm kinda sorry to hear that but I consider 4.4GHz still pretty high ;)

Just think about the stock clock of an i7 4690K and it's price. Then it's kina ok again, isn't it?

well yeah it is kinda ok, i get 655 on cinebench. but it could be better, you got that much more performance with same price. 4.4 like that is a "below average overclocker" , so i have lost. but thats life. every game still runs perfectly, i cant get any difference to gaming with my oc than more noice from pc and higher temps. congrats on your superior chip :) 

Isn't there somethink like a sweetspot for corevoltage on devils canyon?

Otherwise I go back to my 4.5GHz at 1.200V I guess ^^

I've never heard that before, just maximums you want to stay under, which varies by person and their risk tolerance level :)

I never managed to get my 4770k stable at anything more than 4.1 GHz, and that was pushing it on voltage so I just said "forget it" and put it back to stock.  Feel better now?

i guess that you made the assumption that i feel better when someone else is in even worse situation, like children in africa? (lol just kiding dont take me seriously) but to answer to your question, no, i dont feel better because my chip is still below average, regardless of your shitchip =) but at least that made me smile, so thanks for that hehe

There is hope yet!

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I imagine it means he's stress tested at 5 GHz and it's stable, but you are right we should ask...

That's much more specific, but what stress test are we talking about?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I'm pretty happy with mine (4.7 @ 1.28v)  :) I'd never put 1.45 through it tho...

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900