Apple planning in cutting part of the production of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus due to low sales.

GoodBytes

Sensationalist headline... But then again demand has to lower at some point especially since most people have capable smartphone these days

But they're probably going to break every records in the upcoming earnings call

Sensationalist headline... But then again demand has to lower at some point especially since most people have capable smartphone these days

But they're probably going to break every records in the upcoming earnings call

Title is not sensationalist.

Apple is not going to close down. I never said that they are. Apple makes most of its money from its App Store and iTunes. The App Store brings about 1 billion dollars a year to Apple.

However in the past 30days, Apple stock has been going down, from ~118 down to ~101.

In the early smartphone days, the phone your got at the beginning of your contract vs the phones released toward the end of your contract were leaps and bounds different.

Now big companies like Apple and Samsung release 'improved' phones every couple months that aren't worth the $800 price tag. Yes the 6s was an improvement over the 6, but not as big of an improvement from the 5s > 6. People just don't see the need to upgrade so soon.

Same thing with Samsung following Apple's lead by releasing iterations of the same phone S6/S6 Active/S6 Edge/S6 Edgeier/etc almost back to back.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Title is not sensationalist.

Apple is not going to close down. I never said that they are. Apple makes most of its money from its App Store and iTunes. The App Store brings about 1 billion dollars a year to Apple.

However in the past 30days, Apple stock has been going down, from ~118 down to ~101.

Chill.... I didnt blame you for anything. The title sounds like apple cut their productions and they're likely to go bankrupt

Their stocks always fluctuates due unrealistic expectations from investors especially after the holiday season

They added a faster storage interface protocol, a slightly better camera and a pressure-sensitive touch screen that doesn't necessarily always work as intended. That's why they're not selling. Apple is finally running out of ideas they can sell to mindless sheeple, especially because the two gens look identical.

remember that screen protector mechanism that they patented a few months back? Yeah, that's how out of ideas they are.

Maybe, Juussttt maybe, they can put in a bigger battery.

Maybe, Juussttt maybe, they can put in a bigger battery.

post-77647-0-78723200-1452096417.gif

Dream on, sunshine :P

I know it'll never happen. Besides, Android all the way.

I tore out the depleted battery from my iPod touch and soldered in an 18650 cell. Gave it three times the advertised battery life :P

Why can't they just do that?

Only reason I haven't upgraded to the 6S+ from my 5S yet is because my contract isn't up yet. Once it is I will.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I tore out the depleted battery from my iPod touch and soldered in an 18650 cell. Gave it three times the advertised battery life :P

Someone already did it with a Note 2 that's why. Not to mention attached an ssd to it.

or bring back the iPod classic and throw an ssd in it like i did with mine

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Not my problem if you assume things. Sensationalist title would be: "Apple is officially doomed!", or "Apple going bankrupt!".

The title states that the Apple is planning in cutting production for the iPhone, which they are.

Sooo you are saying you'll be getting a Windows Phone? :P

YAY! More market share, more devs! ANd more devs, more market share! 

(Catch 22)

We've come to a point where unless the phone breaks or gets forced into obsolescence by the manufacturer there's no reason to change it. Not just for iphones, in general. Performance benefits are at a point where they are unnoticeable in normal tasks, it not like you're running VMs or rendering videos on them.

mcq-96-1807-fourche.jpg

Unless they up the RAM (at same price point as before) and improve camera a whole ton. I will not need a new phone for a while. 

I will upgrade, in 1.5 to 2 years. If there's a phone which fits my needs and wants.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),