Apple planning in cutting part of the production of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus due to low sales.

GoodBytes

Apple is expected to cut drastically its production to reduce the supply for its latest phones, the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, due to a lower than expected demand.

Originally, Apple deals with manufactures were for the same demand as the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. But, Apple is expected to cut it by 30%. The cuts will start now all the way to March, to allow current stores to sale their inventory, and keep phones in Apple warehouse in limited controlled amount, and not overstock it. There is no info if production will be restored, or remain permanently reduced, or cut further afterwards.

The U.S. company had initially told parts makers to keep production of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus for the quarter at the same level as with their predecessors -- the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus -- a year earlier. But inventories of the two models launched last September have piled up at retailers in markets ranging from China and Japan to Europe and the U.S. amid lackluster sales. Customers saw little improvement in performance over the previous generation, while dollar appreciation led to sharp price hikes in emerging markets.

Output will be scaled back to let dealers go through their current stock. Production is expected to return to normal in the April-June quarter, once inventory adjustment is complete. Apple's products and brand have not lost their appeal, and older models have continued to sell.

According to a senior analyst at Mizuho Securities, Yasuo Nakane, he says that retailer should expect a decline of iPhone sales in the years to come, as Apple is unable to deliver compelling phones for people to upgrade to, if the trend continues with future generations of phones. The analyst believes the low sales of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus is due to lack of performance increase over the older generation.

Source: http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/Parts-makers-brace-for-iPhone-production-cut

For the iPhone users out there, do you have an iPhone 6S/6S Plus? If not, why weren't you compelled to upgrade to it?

No quotations? 

This is against the news section's header.

I am disappoint. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

No quotations? 

This is against the news section's header.

I am disappoint.

Hit the Enter key while I was type it, and it submitted for some reason (probably because I was Alt+Tabbing, and missed and the web browser selected the posting button, and when I hit Enter it submitted).

Calm down.

retailer should expect a decline of iPhone sales in the years to come, and Apple is unable to deliver compelling phones for people to upgrade to, if the trend continues. The analyst beleives the low sales of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus is due to lack of performance increase over the older generation.

Yes, They are losing market share... Now only samsung needs to lose market share/ let another android device gain market share also, because I don't like either, but I also dont want asus taking over...

Hit the Enter key while I was type it, and it submitted for some reason (probably because I was Alt+Tabbing, and missed and the web browser selected the posting button, and when I hit Enter it submitted).

Calm down.

Get banned, son!  :P

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Yes, They are losing market share... Now only samsung needs to lose market share/ let another android device gain market share also, because I don't like either, but I also dont want asus taking over...

Sooo you are saying you'll be getting a Windows Phone? :P

Most likely due to have many 6 they sold, almost everyone i know that had a iPhone upgraded to the 6.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Good.

I just asked my friend with the iPhone 6+ why he didn't upgrade to the 6S, he said that it's a useless upgrade. NVME is a gimmick since there's no thing that will need the storage to go that fast for normal users, the pressure-sensitive screen is a gimmick, and the camera isn't much better. I agree with him.

I used to be quite active here.

We've come to a point where unless the phone breaks or gets forced into obsolescence by the manufacturer there's no reason to change it. Not just for iphones, in general. Performance benefits are at a point where they are unnoticeable in normal tasks, it not like you're running VMs or rendering videos on them.

Calm down.

mcq-96-1807-fourche.jpg

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Most likely due to have many 6 they sold, almost everyone i know that had a iPhone one upgraded to the 6.

My dreams have been crushed a little but at least one of their products did poorly, it's a start.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I guess it's not shocking. Most I phone users I know are using the 6, not the 6S or 6S+

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Apple is expected to cut drastically its production to reduce the supply for its latest phones, the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, due to a lower than expected demand.

Originally, Apple deals with manufactures were for the same demand as the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. But, Apple is expected to cut it by 30%. The cuts will start now all the way to March, to allow current stores to sale their inventory, and keep phones in Apple warehouse in limited controlled amount, and not overstock it. There is no info if production will be restored, or remain permanently reduced, or cut further afterwards.

According to a senior analyst at Mizuho Securities, Yasuo Nakane, he says that retailer should expect a decline of iPhone sales in the years to come, as Apple is unable to deliver compelling phones for people to upgrade to, if the trend continues with future generations of phones. The analyst believes the low sales of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus is due to lack of performance increase over the older generation.

Source: http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/Parts-makers-brace-for-iPhone-production-cut

For the iPhone users out there, do you have an iPhone 6S/6S Plus? If not, why weren't you compelled to upgrade to it?

id say they are stupid for thinking the 6s will sell like the 6 did, since the 6 was the first larger iPhone of course it would sell more.

The features are good, but for me it's just too big, even just the regular 6, as someone who generally has a laptop when I plan on doing computer things on the go, I don't need a huge amount of screen room, sticking with a 5s and doubt I'll ever move

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

They added a faster storage interface protocol, a slightly better camera and a pressure-sensitive touch screen that doesn't necessarily always work as intended. That's why they're not selling. Apple is finally running out of ideas they can sell to mindless sheeple, especially because the two gens look identical.

remember that screen protector mechanism that they patented a few months back? Yeah, that's how out of ideas they are.

I have the 5s, and I'm not upgrading because the 5s is just about perfectly shaped for the size of my hand. A larger phone would just mess up my normal phone-flips when i change rotation and stuff. It's not slow, and gets good battery life with the otterbox case with built in battery.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Sooo you are saying you'll be getting a Windows Phone? :P

no just LG, HTC, oneplus(I like the oneplus one(I have one), but not the company), nexus devices, but yeah I wish windows phone was better, but IDK if I would switch now even if it got all the apps, and was nice to use, but who knows ...

sheeple

That = my new faviorate word and it replaces Parrot people that just post "Intel" "Intel" "Intel" if they see the title has AMD Fx in it... They post without even reading what the person actually writes... Like if the person already has owned it for 4 years there like "you need this i3/i5, becasue it performs better...(then they also post their pre saved $500-1000 pcpartpicker link for america)" even if its besides the point, or not even reasonable(like it costs 5x as much in the country the OPs from)

I think marketing is to blame here.

Usually i know when the new iphone is released, but i'm not interested in it, at all.

But usually everyone shouts it when a new one is here so yea.

Anyway, this time when the 6S launched i didn't know it at all.

Only figured it out thanks to MKBHD, if he didn't tell me i wouldn't even know it was released!

I think sales are low because there is no hype or anything, it looks like all the apple fanboys got shot or something i dunno...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I think marketing is to blame here.

Usually i know when the new iphone is released, but i'm not interested in it, at all.

But usually everyone shouts it when a new one is here so yea.

Anyway, this time when the 6S launched i didn't know it at all.

Only figured it out thanks to MKBHD, if he didn't tell me i wouldn't even know it was released!

I think sales are low because there is no hype or anything, it looks like all the apple fanboys got shot or something i dunno...

maybe they got pissed off by the ad that they sent to people to upgrade to the 6s, or its because they spent all their money on an apple watch...

This is probably the most "eh" upgrade for an "S" version of iPhone.

4 -> 4S : Look at this Siri!

5 -> 5S : Fingerprint unlock, how cool is that ?!?!

6 -> 6S : PINK FTW!

no just LG, HTC, oneplus(I like the oneplus one(I have one), but not the company), nexus devices, but yeah I wish windows phone was better, but IDK if I would switch now even if it got all the apps, and was nice to use, but who knows ...

Was more of a joke my comment. But if you are interesting in trying something new, I would wait at least 1 year, until Windows 10 Mobile is further polished, Surface Phone to be released, and if trend continues, more apps. Who knows, maybe Google might port theirs on the platform (doubtful, probably will have to stick to Windows Maps or a third party one, and third party YouTube, which I am told is very good).

I guess the cool thing with Windows 10 Mobile, is that you try all the apps (that are in Universal App form) under Windows 10.