My motherboard acts strangely

Hello! I have a MSI Z81-G43 motherboard, bought 1.5 years ago. It worked perfectly, but one day, this strange thing happened: my sound card was not recognized. My motherboard's UEFI has a tab named "Board explorer" or something similar where I can see the components connected to my mobo. Over the PCI slot where the sound card was installed it said "unknown", after a restart it said "empty". I though that the sound card was faulty so I changed it. The newer one had the same symptoms after several week. Anyways, after a BIOS updated it worked again, even the first card was recognized. 

Fast forward to 1 month ago. Sometimes the screen goes black and my PC freeze. I reinstalled the graphic drivers, but the problem persist. Maybe I should reinstall the OS. Anyways, this is not the real problem, it happens once a week so I don't mind it. The real problem is that yesterday, after one of these crashes, my boot drive (an SSD) wasn't recognized in BIOS. I turned off my PC and I rechecked the cables then I powered up the PC again. This time it booted. 

I known, this is a long post, I have one more thing to say. Today, one of my HDDs disappeared from Computer, but it reappeared shortly after.

My question is: is my motherboard faulty? And if it is, warrenty covers it? I don't know why, but as long as it boots, nobody would change the board.. Meanwhile, I will check if a newer BIOS version is available.

PS: my CPU is overclocked, but even with stock speeds, I have the same problems. 

What kind of PSU do you have?

I had similar issues with a shoddy power supply (which also ended up killing some SATA ports).

I think it is a MB prob. You may need a new one m8.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

What kind of PSU do you have?

I had similar issues with a shoddy power supply (which also ended up killing some SATA ports).

It's a Seasonic @ 650 watts. I think it's enough for an i5 4670k and a GTX 660. 

Seems like a mother board problem. I'd order a new motherboard fast before it destroys other parts of your computer. It's defiantly not the PSU.