Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Ahhhh ok, also 7500?! O.o

Err 5500 sorry, I dont post that much...

Thought I should mention that the keyboard I was talking about is basically complete, pics coming possibly tomorrow.

This is not the keyboard build I was talking about but the one I switched to because that was the one I was using.

IMG_1533.jpg

Nice set man,

We have a similar setup , just wondering what OS are you currently running?

I'm having problem setting up the software on 8.1 (yeah you helped me, the steps are taken and done but none change due to 8.1 from my research)

latest software supported is windows 7 from what I read, 

anyway this is my latest after I received a surprise package from Binge

Binge_zps87f73f3b.jpg

KMAC_zps3f76c4f8.jpg

Nice set man,

I'm having problem setting up the software on 8.1 (yeah you helped me, the steps are taken and done but none change due to 8.1 from my research)

*snip*

Nice KMAC2 BTW. The software works fine for me in 8/8.1, did you try running it as administrator?

Nice set man,

Binge_zps87f73f3b.jpg

KMAC_zps3f76c4f8.jpg

Where do you get those keycaps with the raised designs?

Where do you get those keycaps with the raised designs?

Someone is probably making them on Geek Hack or they are being raffled off on elite keyboards.

Nice KMAC2 BTW. The software works fine for me in 8/8.1, did you try running it as administrator?

Yes I do, I might mess around with it tonight again

And yes the keycaps is made by someone named Binge, bingecap.com of Geekhack

Seems like Im the only one who went nuts on his moose design

Yes I do, I might mess around with it tonight again

And yes the keycaps is made by someone named Binge, bingecap.com of Geekhack

Seems like Im the only one who went nuts on his moose design

Oh also found this http://goo.gl/dkLwhm the other day to program a HID Liberation Devlice and it says it works with KMAC so you may want to give it a try.

Yay can finally say that I am a part of the club. Got mine a couple of hours ago and have instantly been able to type quicker. Such Wow

Intel i5-4670K, Asus Maximus VII (z97), 16gb Kingston, Asus Gtx 780, Fractal Design Define Mini, 250Gb Samsung Evo, Corsair CS650M

Yey dis meh Pc

What keyboard did you end up buying?

I bought the corsair K95. It has been amazingly good in the last few hours of use and generally feels good too.

Intel i5-4670K, Asus Maximus VII (z97), 16gb Kingston, Asus Gtx 780, Fractal Design Define Mini, 250Gb Samsung Evo, Corsair CS650M

Yey dis meh Pc

Can anyone tell me where I can get cheap novelty keys? Because i really don't want to spend 200$ on a click clack! I'd rather buy 2 more mechanical keyboards for that money.

so um.....did anyone see the "Razer mechanical switch"?

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Can anyone tell me where I can get cheap novelty keys? Because i really don't want to spend 200$ on a click clack! I'd rather buy 2 more mechanical keyboards for that money.

Look on ebay and if you just type in things like custom or novelty keycaps in google you can find a bunch of stores that make them

Yea, Linus put out a video about the switch. Honestly, I don't really know how to feel about the switch. Thus far they have only gone over the green switch I'd like them to go over the orange switch which resembles the red switch with a tactile feedback. I feel in terms of QC people will probably still stay away from Razer to a certain degree. When you buy a Ducky you know you are buying quality same goes with something from Filco, or Cooler Master as examples.

techkeys, keypop, and random groupbuys on geekhack?

Yea, Linus put out a video about the switch. Honestly, I don't really know how to feel about the switch. Thus far they have only gone over the green switch I'd like them to go over the orange switch which resembles the red switch with a tactile feedback. I feel in terms of QC people will probably still stay away from Razer to a certain degree. When you buy a Ducky you know you are buying quality same goes with something from Filco, or Cooler Master as examples.

"the red switch with a tactile feedback." so it resembles a brown?

techkeys, keypop, and random groupbuys on geekhack?

"the red switch with a tactile feedback." so it resembles a brown?

I'm not sure really. It's hard to say I mentioned reds because the switch almost looks exactly like it except the tactile part. Which as you mentioned would mean a rebranded brown however I thought in a way the red looked a little more like the orange even though the brown and red look very closely alike perhaps a optical illusion on my part :x

3acd6cc5_vbattach197803.gifa39a5ac9_vbattach197801.gif

That is the red switch now take a look at the orange switch.

green-razer-orange-switches,E-X-425625-2

I'm not sure really. It's hard to say I mentioned reds because the switch almost looks exactly like it except the tactile part. Which as you mentioned would mean a rebranded brown however I thought in a way the red looked a little more like the orange even though the brown and red look very closely alike perhaps a optical illusion on my part :x

3acd6cc5_vbattach197803.gifa39a5ac9_vbattach197801.gif

That is the red switch now take a look at the orange switch.

green-razer-orange-switches,E-X-425625-2

do the same with the brown

if your wondering the only difference between brown and red is that small bump on the stem

Well ebuyer totally screwed up my order and didn't dispatch my Corsair K70 until today which they should of done yesterday. So right now I'm still stuck typing on an ancient microsoft membrane monstrosity! (i like alliteration)

After watching the video about the new Black Widow I'm pretty glad I went with the K70 in the end. I really think that Razer have gone to the effort of producing these "new" switches as they are desperately clutching at selling point-straws. To me these new switches are just jargon and jabber that they can decorate with sales speak in order to shift units of the 2014 revision. I mean the fact that the Deathstalker ultimate has a touch screen display in it.. what the hell is that about? 

Hopefully I can report back tomorrow with some feedback on the K70 and my first ever mechanical keyboard purchase.

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

I'm afraid that other companies will join the knock off bandwagon

I'm afraid that other companies will join the knock off bandwagon

yep cause well its cheaper.

I have a Corsair K95 I got a few months ago, and I'm loving the Cherry MX Reds for FPS gaming.

Lots better than my old logitech membrane keyboard. 

Saw the vid, and honestly, it sounds like Razer is trying to sell it as a 'gaming switch' which is utter nonsense. Like Linus had said, w/o knowing what is underneath, you'd not be able to tell the difference between them....would the average Joe be able to pass the Pepsi challenge between Blue and Razer Green switches w/o seeing which is which? Honestly, you can only spin doctor a product that much, savvier keyboard peeps would know that it's all marketing.....but admittedly, since Razer sells a crapload of mechanical keyboards, they will achieve some sort of market penetration. I'm always game to try new switches, but this is one that I'd even consider.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2