Best Rad for SILENCE!

I have been looking at a lot of rads, and I have come up with these for a loop ugrade! Any other recommendations? UT60, RX series, or a GT Stealth

I would go for a UT60.. a friend of mine use one of those and he does not complain about how noisy it is / how high his temps are..

But you could also go for a XTX 360

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Thanks, I really like the nexxos rads too. I have a RX360 in the front of my case, and thinking about using that with my new loop, but I want to get a new 220 so I can cool my GPU as well :D

220 you say? wenn whaats about an Swifttech MCR-220QP? This is a silent oriented Rad ;)

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

By 220, I mean a 240mm rad. The 2 in the front represents the amount of fans. The second digits represent the size, so by 220 I mean 2x 120mm fan rad.

GT stealth has a very high FPI so isn't designed for quiet fans.

Hardware labs SR1 and the Phobya g-changer are also good rads for quiet builds. At low RPM's there is very little difference between the top rads.

GT stealth has a very high FPI so isn't designed for quiet fans. Hardware labs SR1 and the Phobya g-changer are also good rads for quiet builds. At low RPM's there is very little difference between the top rads.

Thanks for the reply! I thought that too, jjust kinda liked the asthetics of it.

Ya, main thing for quite Rad - low FPI count - then you know you can use fans at low RPM to get efficient cooling...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Ya' date=' main thing for quite Rad - low FPI count - then you know you can use fans at low RPM to get efficient cooling...[/quote']

Thanks for the reply! Thanks for the info also.

I'm running an XT45 and a UT60 in my rig. They are great for low RPM fans. Really anything with low fpi will be good for a silent rig.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

Look for low fin density rads and get noctua fans with it.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Look for low fin density rads and get noctua fans with it.

I already have a bunch of F-12s! I love noctua.

I would say the Hardware labs SR1 is very good, I think it has a 7 FPI?

for low noise + best performance, go for low FPI, THICK rads with low RPM fans.

if you have the space for push/pull, you can go for even lower RPM fans to get similar performance :)

What about Alphacool or Koolance rads? No idea how these performs. Yes/no?

pick one with a low FPI (Fins Per Inch). those rads will benefit the most with low speed fans, but arent the best performing when it comes up to high performance fans.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

if you have the room then alphacools nexXos monsta rads are good, they have a low fin count, though you would probably have to go puch/pull on that if you want best performance out of it.. :)

other than that you should just find a rad with as low fin count as posible and as thick as you have space for.. :)

(Comming soon)

for quiet performance this demands low-speed fans. to promote radiaotr performance for

low fan speeds, you look at what the radiator design is. to get this performance a low

fin density (fins per inch) is what dictates how the performance will bee under low fan speed

conditions.

sub 12fpi fans - 600-1200rpm (low noise)

15-20 fpi fans - 1000-1600rpm (medium fan noise)

20-30fpi+ fans 1800-2500rpm (large fan noise)

take a 20-30fpi radiattor and hang a low speed fan to it, the performance will decrease. how much?

that all depends on ther factors as flow, restrictions and block performance. from 0°-15° decrease.

your sub 12fpi will be Alphacool ST/XT/UT radiators, XSPC RS/RX, HL SR1, EK XT.

HL BIX GTX are 20fpi and stealth is 25fpi...

recommend XSPC (6-32 mounting hardware), HL SR1 (M4 hardware), Alphacool (all copper)

airdeano

there are better rads than the black ice series.

they aren't bad, but others are better.

i'd rather go for a phobya, they are quite cheap and have excellent build quality for that price.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

I see some radiators that are sort of sandwich mounted, in which there is a fan pushing or pulling air through two radiators piled on top of each other – might even be push/pull, be it a fan, two radiators and a fan again.

Lets say for instance: Noctua NF-F12 – 2x low FPI 45mm rads – Noctua NF-F12 (push/pull). Would you recommend this?

i use a tripple 140mm rad in my system with fans in push/pull. larger 140mm fans are quieter for similar air flow. i cool my cpu and 2 gpus with this and with both overclocked, i run about 35-40c under load.

using 140mm allows for quiet performance with fans at ~60% full and VERY good cooling at 100% speed - though it is much louder.

here is a radiator: http://koolance.com/radiator-3-fan-140mm-30-fpi-copper

my radiator is the same size as that but has 45fpi instead of 30.

I see some radiators that are sort of sandwich mounted, in which there is a fan pushing or pulling air through two radiators piled on top of each other – might even be push/pull, be it a fan, two radiators and a fan again.

Lets say for instance: Noctua NF-F12 – 2x low FPI 45mm rads – Noctua NF-F12 (push/pull). Would you recommend this?

you might as well throw a set of fans between the rads.. but I would recomend getting an Alphacool NexXxos Monsta rad, instead. They are 80mm thick. getting two 45mm thick rads will be more expensive..

(Comming soon)