fx 8350 VS I5 6600K

Redis

Title say it all, what is better? We are talking only about gaming...

With AMD I am planing to go with ASROCK Fatal1ty 970 Performance or MSI 970 GAMING  mobo(dont know what is better) and IF Intel is better I am going with ASUS B150 PRO GAMING D3 (DDR3 because I already have ram)

so please help, what is better?

Definitely an i5 6600k.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Intel would be better for gaming, but you should really look into new ram since you are on skylake, or you might as well go with a older cpu.

I'd get the locked i5 6600 because you can't overclock with the B150.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Title say it all, what is better? We are talking only about gaming...

With AMD I am planing to go with ASROCK Fatal1ty 970 Performance or MSI 970 GAMING  mobo(dont know what is better) and IF Intel is better I am going with ASUS B150 PRO GAMING D3 (DDR3 because I already have ram)

so please help, what is better?

Here is the deal:

1. If you already have DDR3 and don't want to buy new RAM, then Skylake is out. Plain and simple.
  2. Still, the FX is pretty bad for gaming. Get something like an i5 4460, maybe even a 4690k if you really want to OC.
  3. Don't get the 8350. Period. It's completely outdated. If you have it, keep it. But if you don't, DO NOT buy it.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

a 4690k will still outperform a 8350, and z97 is cheaper too. Also you got the ram.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Thanks guys, seems like i am going with 4690k :D but what cooler?

Here is the deal:

1. If you already have DDR3 and don't want to buy new RAM, then Skylake is out. Plain and simple.
  2. Still, the FX is pretty bad for gaming. Get something like an i5 4460, maybe even a 4690k if you really want to OC.
  3. Don't get the 8350. Period. It's completely outdated. If you have it, keep it. But if you don't, DO NOT buy it.

Ok lets say 4690k, will it be enough for gtx 980 ti for 4k gaming?

NH-D14, Cryorig H5, H100i, all good options.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Yes it will.

Budget?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

so you considered the AMD FX for 4k gaming with an 980ti ? Thats some strange ass fuck stuff ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

so you considered the AMD FX for 4k gaming with an 980ti ? Thats some strange ass fuck stuff ^^

I was just wondering... :D:P

If u got the budget and more importantly , enough space in ur case, then the massive Noctua NH-D15 is the way to go.

If u don't got the budget and/or space, then a tried and true CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo is a good bet.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

As to your question, anything above i5-2500K will beat an 8350 in gaming  :D

If you're getting a 4690K, be sure to get a z97/z87 board to be able to overclock. Motherboard at the price range of 150-180 USD is about what you should get. Anything over just features extra stuff you'll likely never use.

The cheaper side, the 150 USD side, you'll find board that can't do SLI, can only do Crossfire, the more expensive side, 180 USD, is where you'll find SLI capable boards. Be sure to choose carefully if you want to spend the extra cost to be able to do SLI in the future.

Since you're getting a overclocking chip with an overclocking board, be sure to get a beefy cooler. NH-D15 is what I recommend, if you can find a NH-D14 for a lower price, that works too. I personally stay away from AIO (all in one water coolers), chance of pump failure, chance of leakage, and chance of pump noise while a hunk of metal is unlikely to be defective.

If you just want to go cheap, grab a cheap board, maybe 70-90 USD, 4690 non-K, and a Hyper 212 Evo and call it a day.