Best Mouse mat/s for me?

AllHokage

So I love the size of the Mionix Sargas 900, but after a month of using it, it's already peeling!

So I'm looking for something what is threaded all around (preferably low profile, can have some red at most). Main factors are NO peeling ends, great for competitive gaming and is a cloth/fabric (no hard mats).

Also I was thinking if there is a crap one, should I maybe get 2 (one small QCK+ ontop of it), as I'm heavily in competitive gaming and need the best performance.

Might add this later...

The Sargas 900 is an extended mousepad, right? Check out the Corsair MM300.

also, noragami is great :ph34r:

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Seen it and know how it all works, that's why I'm here asking for advice (hidden wonders).

1. Razer is hype (Hate their products)

2. I said low profile

3. Green would just kill a red/black setup

4. Razer is shit

The Sargas 900 is an extended mousepad, right? Check out the Corsair MM300.

also, noragami is great :ph34r:

Nearly, but that's not low profile (need plain black), maybe some red at most.

Might add this later...

Nearly, but that's not low profile (need plain black), maybe some red at most.

I've found this - http://www.mwave.com.au/product/glorious-extended-gaming-mouse-mat-ab67390

It has good reviews despite the cringy name, but it's not as thin as the Sargas 900. Only the QCK XXL is thin and all black, but it has no stitched edges.

It's pretty hard to find a mousepad that fits all requirements.

I've found this - http://www.mwave.com.au/product/glorious-extended-gaming-mouse-mat-ab67390

It has good reviews despite the cringy name, but it's not as thin as the Sargas 900. Only the QCK XXL is thin and all black, but it has no stitched edges.

It's pretty hard to find a mousepad that fits all requirements.

You sir are a legend!

That's what I was looking for and you even linked in AU :D Top points... Only thing is the brand, maybe buying that and a QCK ontop, but who know's it could be a hidden treasure.

Might add this later...

Y

You sir are a legend!

That's what I was looking for and you even linked in AU :D Top point... Only thing is the brand, maybe buying that and a QCK ontop?

Maybe get it and see if you like the surface and the decide whether it's a good idea to buy a QCK too. I'm surprised the "Glorious" pad has excellent reviews everywhere to be honest, so it might be as good as the QCK.

Maybe get it and see if you like the surface and the decide whether it's a good idea to buy a QCK too. I'm surprised the "Glorious" pad has excellent reviews everywhere to be honest, so it might be as good as the QCK.

Sometimes smaller brands can be better, I think the Mionix was just overpriced ($40) and it starts peeling. I think this may save the issue!

Might add this later...

Sometimes smaller brands can be better, I think the Mionix was just overpriced ($40) and it starts peeling. I think this may save the issue!

The only problem with stitched edges is when you bump into them or when you use more than 1 pad. It really increases the durability though - my QCK started peeling only after a few months of use. The stitching on the new Zowie pads is excellent, but they are all 3.5mm thick and don't have an extended model.

The only problem with stitched edges is when you bump into them or when you use more than 1 pad. It really increases the durability though - my QCK started peeling only after a few months of use. The stitching on the new Zowie pads is excellent, but they are all 3.5mm thick and don't have an extended model.

Main thing I need is the extension as I play on low DPI (CSGO) and I like having my keyboard hand padded as well for comfort. Also having to buy a new pad every month is annoying/expensive, so I guess this is the best for me.

Don't get me wrong the Mionix was good, Just isn't durable for competitive gamers.

Might add this later...

1. Razer is hype (Hate their products)

2. I said low profile

3. Green would just kill a red/black setup

4. Razer is shit

1. This really is only applicable to their hardware.
  2. It's 3mm, that's pretty much as thin as they come.
  3. So you're competitive but the way your setup looks means more than performance?
  4. The Goliathus lineup is actually pretty damn good. People say the Speed Edition is up there with Everglide Titan when it comes to clothpads. I chose the Goliathus Speed Edition as my clothpad of choice exactly because of this.

So relax on the brand hating. SteelSeries has a bad track record with mice, but they make the QcK, which is legendary when it comes to clothpads. Razer makes the Goliathus and DeathAdder, but their audio products are shit and they overcharge a lot of stuff. Zowie had coating issues with their mice, but they fixed that and their mice are very popular. Func made the 1030, which was the standard for dual sided hardpads, but their forays into mice were plagued with software issues and choosing a laser sensor. Mionix makes the  Naos 7000, which is awesome, but they also made the gimmicky QG. Logitech made the MX518, but their G710+ was notorious for shitty keycaps and they had to release an alternative keycap set for the G910. Microsoft made the IME3.0/WMO/IMO1.1, but they also made the super-awkward SideWinder series of mice.

There is no brand with a flawless track record. A company being bad in one area has nothing to do with their track records in another.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

1. This really is only applicable to their hardware.
  2. It's 3mm, that's pretty much as thin as they come.
  3. So you're competitive but the way your setup looks means more than performance?
  4. The Goliathus lineup is actually pretty damn good. People say the Speed Edition is up there with Everglide Titan when it comes to clothpads. I chose the Goliathus Speed Edition as my clothpad of choice exactly because of this.

So relax on the brand hating. SteelSeries has a bad track record with mice, but they make the QcK, which is legendary when it comes to clothpads. Razer makes the Goliathus and DeathAdder, but their audio products are shit and they overcharge a lot of stuff. Zowie had coating issues with their mice, but they fixed that and their mice are very popular. Func made the 1030, which was the standard for dual sided hardpads, but their forays into mice were plagued with software issues and choosing a laser sensor. Mionix makes the  Naos 7000, which is awesome, but they also made the gimmicky QG. Logitech made the MX518, but their G710+ was notorious for shitty keycaps and they had to release an alternative keycap set for the G910. Microsoft made the IME3.0/WMO/IMO1.1, but they also made the super-awkward SideWinder series of mice.

There is no brand with a flawless track record. A company being bad in one area has nothing to do with their track records in another.

Most of Razer's products are shit and there are better alternatives for the price range. Maybe it's because I've ordered 4 products from them and only 2 of them being in working order. Only thing Razer does well imo, is their mouse bungee and deathadder (they were good).

And I'm competitive but also enjoy having a nice looking setup/layback side and yes it's possible (when it's done I'll be posting a thread on the forums).

Might add this later...

Most of Razer's products are shit and there are better alternatives for the price range. Maybe it's because I've ordered 4 products from them and only 2 of them being in working order. Only thing Razer does well imo, is their mouse bungee and deathadder (they were good).

And I'm competitive but also enjoy having a nice looking setup/layback side and yes it's possible (when it's done I'll be posting a thread on the forums).

I cannot recall anyone complaining about Razer's mousepads. Like actual, valid complaints. Shunning Razer as a company because of their hardware is silly: They also do software and mousepads. Just because a company does badly in one sector does not mean it cannot do well in another. Similarly, doing well in one category does not guarantee they do well in all.

Personally, I have owned the original Krait, the original DeathAdder and now the Goliathus Speed. Out of those, only the DeathAdder failed. However, I do not like Razer's practices when it comes to refreshing their hardware, whether it's a new release of the DeathAdder or the Chroma stuff. Over the years, the DeathAdder has doubled in price and it has only really gotten one significant improvement (the side grips) and lots of useless fluff.

I wanted  the best clothpad I could currently buy and ended up going for the Goliathus Speed. Doesn't mean I'll ever buy a single piece of Razer hardware.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.