Any experienced surfers who can give tips? (CSGO)

LokiFire

That's me doing it for the first time ever, i suck at it, what am i doing wrong?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Your timing and how you flick up (need a little more)

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

Your timing and how you flick up (need a little more)

Ok cool, could you break that down a bit more?

The flick is i am guessing the part where i try to go over the wood.

need da reflexes of a surfer... jk. keep trying you will get it!

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

Ok cool, could you break that down a bit more?

The flick is i am guessing the part where i try to go over the wood.

yeah the flick is, also try to land parallel to the ramp thing (not familiar with the surf terms). Practice will make your timing better

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

I will try to watch this in the morning to see if I can give you any pointers. Im a surf noob in csgo as well with about 60+ hour of time in surf maps...oh and about 3000 hours of surf in cs 1.6 but csgo seems a little slower in surfing. Low fps makes surfing hard so hopefully you have a decent fps.

I will try to watch this in the morning to see if I can give you any pointers. Im a surf noob in csgo as well with about 60+ hour of time in surf maps...oh and about 3000 hours of surf in cs 1.6 but csgo seems a little slower in surfing. Low fps makes surfing hard so hopefully you have a decent fps.

I get 300FPS on surf maps, a very different story to MM or normal CS lol.

I get 300FPS on surf maps, a very different story to MM or normal CS lol.

well that is good to hear. When I started surfing in 1.6 I was getting around 70 fps which was just enough to let you surf but not very well. I ended up ranning a surf clan and anywhere from 2-4 servers in 1.6 for surf for about 3 years. Now im in a not very active surf clan by the name of one^ that is ran by a surf map builder super mario. He made some well liked maps in 1.6 that are basically the standard killing surf maps in it. He made surf_ski_2, surf_steath and a bunch of other maps im to lazy to type out lol.

And here I was thinking it was about literal surfing.
At which point I could help.

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

Is it anything like tf2 surfs?

Not that I know of

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

wider turns and do swoops or flick ups on your ends

ill beat yo ass on minecraft anyday.

You need speed man.

You can be shit at surfing, but as long as you're good at building speed really well and know the basics you can do really well.

Oh I forgot about this lol. Anyways from what I recall of whating the video...

I noticed a few times you stopped strafing in are making you not go where you needed to go. I also saw you do some random spining im not sure what that was really about but you want to keep smooth motions try not to make jerky movements with the mouse if you can avoid it. You seem to understand the basics of how to surf alread so you have that going for you. I normally ended trying to tell people how to stay on the ramps when they are new to surf lol.