Best Way to Sync Music to Android Phone

I normally have to drag and drop. Does anyone have a better method that doesn't involve DoubleTwist? :)

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

You could just download then directly to on your phone, or use Kies or you could take the micro SD out of your phone and transfer it to that.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I use Spotify too, their sync is so straightforward. The only downside is the already mentioned ~$10/month price tag (well, in Sweden it's closer to $20 though...).

Cheers,

Linus

Foobar / Winamp are able to synch to your device as you would with an iPod. But it basically does Drag n Drop so you're able to share your music with a buddy at his house or w/e.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I think spotify can do local media only too, not entirely certain though... But in which case, it'll sync when you are on the same WiFi ;-)

I use Spotify too, their sync is so straightforward. The only downside is the already mentioned ~$10/month price tag (well, in Sweden it's closer to $20 though...).

Nah, it's 13 USD for us in the Nordics:p

Connect to PC via USB.

Select "mount as disk drive"

Open Windows Explorer

Copy music

Paste in "music" folder on the SD card

Disconnect phone when transfer is complete

Listen to music

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Does iTunes allow you to copy your music over to Android? Even outside of iTunes, through the actual folders?

I download to my computer then using Airdroid I put them over.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Does iTunes allow you to copy your music over to Android? Even outside of iTunes, through the actual folders?

Yes, if its Samsung Galaxy handset, then you can use 'Easy Phone Sync', great program, which uses your iTunes library.

I think it works on nexus devices too....

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Yes, if its Samsung Galaxy handset, then you can use 'Easy Phone Sync', great program, which uses your iTunes library.

I think it works on nexus devices too....

What about Sony?

Mass storage mode and drag/drop is what I use. Music organized into folders (by Album) and properly tagged; Google Play Music does the rest.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I use Wifi File Transfer because I can transfer my files without having to plug in my cable every time to transfer files.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I normally have to drag and drop. Does anyone have a better method that doesn't involve DoubleTwist? :)

MediaMonkey is the best option in my opinion. It has all the features you could want/need and it syncs perfectly with my Nexus 4. You can sync specific playlists, songs, etc.