Nvidia graphics cards suffer shortages and see increased pricing

zMeul

Err... Do you have ANY idea what the word "subsidiary" means? I think you're looking for the word "substitute". If so you're correct in saying that AMD is not an nVidia substitute in terms of economics.

Yes that was the word I was looking for

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

My big issue with AMD is that, up until HBM, AMD was just not keeping up with nVidia in terms of their technology. Sure, they were able to put out cards that could produce similar frame rates, but as each new generation of cards got faster nVidia was able to keep their power consumption and heat output under control, while AMD was just cranking up the clock speed increasing their heat output and power draw as well.

What, you mean like this:

59709.png

Be happy I don't go further back where Nvidia cards actually had higher temps and higher tdp for worst performance, this chart already doesn't fits with your revisionism as Nvidia has been more efficient for exactly 1 generation of cards at best.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Lol gtx 980 worthless, bunch of bs

16% better performance than a GTX 970, costs more than 20% extra, costs more than an R9 390X which has similar performance. Yes it is worthless.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Is it world-wide or just China?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

16% better performance than a GTX 970, costs more than 20% extra, costs more than an R9 390X which has similar performance. Yes it is worthless.

Lol lol lol lol bs if u can't afford it that's ok, it's quiter, runs cooler, less power draw,to name a few, also 390x is a rebrand pushing the old chip as far as it can go. Gtx 980 has more room to grow, it is faster then a 970, 16 percents a huge margin,lol nerds

Lol lol lol lol bs if u can't afford it that's ok, it's quiter, runs cooler, less power draw,to name a few, also 390x is a rebrand pushing the old chip as far as it can go. Gtx 980 has more room to grow, it is faster then a 970, 16 percents a huge margin,lol nerds

I know about all the differences. And 16% greater performance isn't worth well over a 20% higher price. The GTX 980 is pointless. Its the GTX 950, then the GTX 970 and finally the 980ti. On AMD's side its the R9 380 and the R9 390. The X versions don't have a significant enough performance difference.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What, you mean like this:

59709.png

Be happy I don't go further back where Nvidia cards actually had higher temps and higher tdp for worst performance, this chart already doesn't fits with your revisionism as Nvidia has been more efficient for exactly 1 generation of cards at best.

Umm.. I think that clearly shows the competing, more powerful nVidia cards draw less power than their AMD competitors, not to mention this sample size of one. And I DARE you to show a chart of their temps under load.

And please, go back in time and show me the AMD card that performs equally with an nVidia card and has lower power draw/temp under load.

-EDIT-

Here's an example of the GTX 670 outperforming the 7790, running at lower load temps, and drawing less power:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-review,3200.html

You have to go all the way back to the GTX 400 series to find a comparable card, released around the same time (can't compare the 480 to the R7 260), that produced less heat, and drew less power. That's the past 4 generations of GPUs.

The chart says load. At launch the 780ti and the 290x were direct competitors. The power consumption is virtually the same. This is just one generation ago (Kepler vs Hawaii)

Please try to rephrase your argument because I honestly do not understand why you're claiming I'm not showing when I'm showing exactly that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If they are indeed raising prices like that (im not sure if it's globally or just China) then AMD is gonna just look better at their price point. It's silly to go with Nvidia if the 15% price hike is true.

you don`t understand. its a high demand for nvidia cards.hence all of this

you don`t understand. its a high demand for nvidia cards.hence all of this

I understand perfectly. Which is my point, a high demand = out of stock. plus a 15% price hike = AMD looks a lot better directly because of the 15% price hike. If it was demand alone then I wouldnt have said anything about AMD.

Do you even fanboy bro?

If they are indeed raising prices like that (im not sure if it's globally or just China) then AMD is gonna just look better at their price point. It's silly to go with Nvidia if the 15% price hike is true.

A very very late quote, I know (you've probably forgotten you even posted on this thread). I wouldn't expect the price to directly increase from x to y from this, however I believe this has been an ongoing situation in this past year or so. 970's haven't dropped in prices barely at all in Europe, and it's been a year since its launch. Usually graphics cards cost less over time, but the 900 series has pretty much been stuck at its price point since day one. So I don't think there is anything to profit from for AMD

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I'll debate the whole Intel vs Amd, but there is no debate when it comes to Nivida vs ATI / Amd.   I can and have bought the latest ATI / Amd graphics card and by the following year, I'm struggling to find ways to keep it relevant.   Nvidia has a longer shelf life from what I have experience

This is one of the few times where I am forced to agree that you get what you pay for.

A very very late quote, I know (you've probably forgotten you even posted on this thread). I wouldn't expect the price to directly increase from x to y from this, however I believe this has been an ongoing situation in this past year or so. 970's haven't dropped in prices barely at all in Europe, and it's been a year since its launch. Usually graphics cards cost less over time, but the 900 series has pretty much been stuck at its price point since day one. So I don't think there is anything to profit from for AMD

It's been my experience that prices can go from x to y from stuff like this. Remember the R9 290 craze with the bitcoin thing? Because of that prices rose. So there is a potential for an x to y increase. 

Do you even fanboy bro?