Phanteks Evolv ATX vs Noctis 450

At some point next year I intend on doing a new build (probably around the time Nvidia releases their next line of gpus (i currently have a gtx 980, so if they make a successor to that (1080?) I'd probably upgrade to that)

As for the case, my current one (Fractal design Arc Xl) is nice and all, but when I build new pcs I prefer getting a new case to change things up a bit and make it feel more new. For a good while I was considering the Noctis 450 (Black w/ red led one), however I was watching a recent Hardware canucks video (top cases of 2015) and I really like the looks of the Phanteks Evolv ATX (black version), enough to where I'm really torn between them and not sure which to consider.

https://store.nzxt.com/products/noctis-450-black-red or http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ATX.html

Curious as to feedback from those that has one of those cases perhaps. Or perhaps recommend another case that you love, (it being a mid-atx form factor at minimum, and support dual rad AiO)

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

The Evolv ATX, it isn't even a question.

It has way higher build quality, fully aluminum exterior vs plastic...

You could also look at the Enthoo Pro M, which is a stripped down, different looking Evolv ATX, but remains identical internally.

You could also look at the Enthoo Pro M, which is a stripped down, different looking Evolv ATX, but remains identical internally.

Just looked up the Pro M, it looks pretty alright although not too big on the outside of it.

I like the Noctis 450 cause I plan on going for a black and red MSI themed build, and the red leds would look really nice, but I could easily just get leds for the Phanteks case.

As for the Evolv ATX i really like it's nice and sleek, kind of minimalistic look. Only major issue i have is it's more expensive than the Noctis one. (although I have amazon prime so if i found it on there for free shipping I'd consider it more)

also, do you know what kind of rad support the Evolv atx has? 240mm or 280mm? My current cooler is a 240mm, but I want to get the Nzxt Kraken x61 for my next cooler.

Just looked up the Pro M, it looks pretty alright although not too big on the outside of it.

I like the Noctis 450 cause I plan on going for a black and red MSI themed build, and the red leds would look really nice, but I could easily just get leds for the Phanteks case.

As for the Evolv ATX i really like it's nice and sleek, kind of minimalistic look. Only major issue i have is it's more expensive than the Noctis one. (although I have amazon prime so if i found it on there for free shipping I'd consider it more)

It may be more expensive, but in terms of what you get for what you pay, Evolv ATX is better value.

also, do you know what kind of rad support the Evolv atx has? 240mm or 280mm? My current cooler is a 240mm, but I want to get the Nzxt Kraken x61 for my next cooler.

Looks like 280mm for front and top in the manual for it on their site

Looks like 280mm for front and top in the manual for it on their site

I really will consider the Phanteks one for my next build then.

I plan on waiting for the successor to the 980 (like 1080 if they continue the name pattern) and as for cpu I already have an i7-4790k, so the ones I'd upgrade for that would either be skylake if they ever make a 6 core cpu (cause there's no reason for me to upgrade to a 6700k from a 4790k) or Haswell-E cpu with a 5820k (since they're the same price).

Speaking of which, I heard some people say they're going to be making a Haswell refresh or something like that (don't remember the specific name/term used) any info on that?

I personally went with the Evolv ATX in my current build, after watching the Hardware Canucks review several times over. It's a phenomenal case, and I have a hard time comprehending why someone why someone would want to cheap out on a case when it's likely to be reused for future builds. As a longtime collector, it's a personal peeve with someone spends thousands of dollars on collectibles, but purchases the cheapest of display cases. Be proud of what you have!

Both of those will fit just fine, as long as they are not too thick. The X61 will fit just fine in the top of the case.

I just received my Evolv ATX yesterday and will be setting up in a few days. I am going from a H440 which is essentially a square Noctis. I consider this a worthy upgrade and am very excited. +1 for the Evolv ATX.

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B

That's 10 to 2, so I just might end up going for the Evolv case. It does look like a beautiful case.