Car Crash and Texting

mralexkohl1993

thats BS how could you possibly know if they are driving or not??

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Careful not to post anything on this forum in case somebody reads it in 25 years when you can't use the internet if you are not wearing a seatbelt whilst sitting your office chair. 

that BS how could you possibly know if they are driving or not??

Everytime you get in a car, don't you text EVERYONE telling them that you're driving, I thought every one did that...

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Everytime you get in a car, don't you text EVERYONE telling them that you're driving, I thought every one did that...

im not sure if your being serious or not... xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

That's why it says 'knowingly' so if you didn't know that they're driving, and you texted them and they crashed, then you shouldn't be held responsible.

But I think this is BS because it's not the person texting's responsibility, it's the drivers responsibility to make sure they don't read it.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

When read the topic name i though "texting while driving" and wouldnt agree more thats dangerous. But going to jail for an SMS - damn 'Muricans i feel sorry for you...

"yo guys i heard Tom got a car."

"oh shit oh shit - nobody text him nothing because we may go to jail if hes driving"

[siren noise closing in]

[5 years for texting]

In jail:

"What do you sit here for?"

"Killing my wife with a xbox controller and you?"

"Texting to a friend which was driving that time"

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Darwin awards are handed out for a reason.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

When I drive, I put my phone on silent, and stick it somewhere where the screen won't distract me.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

By this logic, a murderers parents should be held responsible because they were 'enablers'.

Someone who is in a car decides whether to text or not 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Most businesses in the UK will refuse to talk to you on the phone if they know you are driving.

I still don't think the person sending the text should be responsible whether they know or not, it's up to the driver to make the decision to turn the phone off.

In this case the driver should definitely be punished though, the evidence suggests that he was distracted by his phone and he caused some pretty serious injuries, not really fair on those involved.

Exactly what every defense attorney will bring up, this law will never hold up in court. It's the drivers responsibility, not to answer text while driving not the senders. I've managed my entire life to never text and drive...

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

just a dumb law that some air head or heads thought up. can't wait till someone takes this to court

A young model died in Australia texting while driving this week, but its upto the driver if there going to be a twat or not by looking at there phone while driving.

Its all about those volumetric clouds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BqFkRwdFZ0

a difficult one to sit through but its worth the watch out of respect. 

honestly I hate the texting game beyond a series of maybe 1-2 texts it becomes tedious to me and a big waste of time. 

if the thing you need to say is so frivolous that you can send it in a text then its not important. it can fucking wait.

I think that responsibility fall entirely on the driver, even if the other knows that the driver is driving it still comes down to the driver whether or not he/she takes his/her eyes of the road risking potential negligent homicide/injury.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

:(

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558