Safe To Use Cracked Intake Fan

stan92
Go to solution Solved by mgsstar,

Nice. ok so where do I start someone post a link please

go here: http://corsair.force.com/

Create an account and click the ask a question button and fill the form in in order to get a replacement.

Is it safe to use a corsair 140mm intake fan that has a crack that isn't all the way through its an intake fan. It was broken new.... I only had the case for one week...

Contact Corsair, get a replacement.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I would RMA that fan personally. If the blade snaps it may take out other blades with it. Also if you are one blade down that fan is going to be loud and it will rumble and vibrate because it is not balanced. I would not bother using it.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Ok. i live in Australia how do i go about getting a replacement...

Go ahead and use it. It won't break anything else besides the fan itself. I mean, do you really need this fan or can you live without it?

If you can live without it, don't use it?

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

The crack is in one blade

I once cracked a blade on a stock fan, broke it off and dremeled it smooth, it worked (blew air), but it was loud and my case rumbled like a V8. i replaced it as soon as possible. Corsair usually has good customer service, along with their lenient warranties, so I would go ahead and try returning it. I'm saying this because I've heard lots of people have their H series liquid coolers leak on them, and not only did Corsair replace the product, they replaced the damaged products also (GPU, RAM, sound card, etc.). And if they couldn't replace it, they compensated for it by giving you a product of equivalent value, so you see what I'm talking about. 

go here: http://corsair.force.com/

Create an account and click the ask a question button and fill the form in in order to get a replacement.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Thankyou mgsstar

No problem! :) Make sure you press the "mark solved" button to the best answer located beside "quote" and "multiquote" to tell people that this thread is solved so people can find the solution quickly if they have the same/similar problem. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer