AMD Confirms Delay of R9 Fury X2/Gemini to 2016 for Better Alignment with VR Market

HKZeroFive

It will be 200% faster, it must be faster, after all 17billion transistor vs 8billion in 980ti, with HBM2 on top of that and other arhitecture improvements on 16nm it must be a huge leap else it will be a fail.

We need it for 4k and VR so they better not hold back on any performance.

From 28nm old outdated stuff to 16nmFF i have very high expectations.

So.. The GPUs will be so expensive that nobody will buy them? 

If they're cheap, and they perform 200% better, then sales of Maxwell cards will instantly cease. All GPUs will die in price. That doesn't make any sense for NVidia, after all, they're selling performance, not material. 

A 1060 (or whatever) will be compared to a 970, and perform similar to it, like a 960 is compared to a 770 and performs similar to it. NVidia still has to make cheap GPUs, and again, they're selling performance. Sure, the flagship will be powerful (though, JUST SAYING, specs don't mean anything until we see performance) but if it's 200% more powerful than a Titan X, it'll sell for 200% more than a Titan X. 

I used to be quite active here.

So.. The GPUs will be so expensive that nobody will buy them? 

If they're cheap, and they perform 200% better, then sales of Maxwell cards will instantly cease. All GPUs will die in price. That doesn't make any sense for NVidia, after all, they're selling performance, not material. 

A 1060 (or whatever) will be compared to a 970, and perform similar to it, like a 960 is compared to a 770 and performs similar to it. NVidia still has to make cheap GPUs, and again, they're selling performance. Sure, the flagship will be powerful (though, JUST SAYING, specs don't mean anything until we see performance) but if it's 200% more powerful than a Titan X, it'll sell for 200% more than a Titan X. 

False. The 960 is comparable to 760/280/380. The 770 is a more powerful GPU. The problems is that there are no options to reduce tessellation in Nvidia's drivers and most new game have lots of tessellation. Maxwell has better tessellation capabilities than Kepler with a little bit of Kepler neglect sprinkled on the side, so the 960 zooms pasts the 770 in new games. It's the same on AMD's side. The 285/380 beats a 280x in games with lots of tessellation, even though the 280x is a stronger GPU.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I'll add my bit to this. Its no secret that AMD has been having issues with the yield of the Fury X and Fury, so this BS is just a delay tactic as AMD's stock of FuryX and Fury GPU is still too low.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'll add my bit to this. Its no secret that AMD has been having issues with the yield of the Fury X and Fury, so this BS is just a delay tactic as AMD's stock of FuryX and Fury GPU is still too low.

there is probably a few other things into this. But i am more inclined to say you are right. After all these are very complex and large dies....

and the fury X2 also isnt some kind of magical architecture that will be any faster than the fury X...

its just two fury Xs

pascal will actually be a performance improvement over the 980ti

so if two 980tis perform the same as two fury Xs right now (or even better when OCd) what do you think will happen when you put two 1080tis against two fury Xs (the same as a fury X2)

I doubt pascal will be much better, the "1080" will be as good as the titan x, and the "1070" will be about the same as the 980. They have done this almost every generation, so hopefully AMD does something big with greenland.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

I doubt pascal will be much better, the "1080" will be as good as the titan x, and the "1070" will be about the same as the 980. They have done this almost every generation, so hopefully AMD does something big with greenland.

Like when the 5870 was performing like the 4870x2 or 280x2? :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

No.

example

770=780

780=970

780ti =980

980ti = 1080

780ti is actually about the performance of a GTX 970....

PMSL

780ti is actually about the performance of a GTX 970....

Really does make the 970 an incredible thing.  Half the price of the 780ti(at launch), all the performance, and more VRAM.

Really does make the 970 an incredible thing.  Half the price of the 780ti(at launch), all the performance, and more VRAM.

Yep. Glad I only ordered a GTX 650ti 2GB at the start of 2014.

PMSL