Windows 10 slow shut down

Eeglis

Hi, I have currently an SSD at my disposal so I'd exoect pretty fast shut downs. Instead I have to wait for around two minutes for my system to shut down. After pressing my power off button the shutting down screen stays there for couple seconds as expected and then goes away, leaving my monitor disconnected and spins up the HDD and GPU's fans. What could be wrong? I've done scan with malware bytes and avast.

no idea what to put here

did you upgrade to windows 10  or did you do a proper clean install?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

did you upgrade to windows 10  or did you do a proper clean install?I changed an SSD after upgrading to win 10 so basically a clean one. Couple days ago I did vontact Microsoft support for memory leak with skype on powering off and they made me to reinstall Win 10 and  now it's sucking again. (I'm on mobile and it's not letting me to type under your quote)

no idea what to put here

If you are talking about the hardware taking longer to shutdown than the software then that's normal for Win 10 but 2 minutes is really long, my system shuts down in just under 7 seconds.

If you are talking about the hardware taking longer to shutdown than the software then that's normal for Win 10, my system does that too.

That is what I'm talking about, but TWO minutes! Also skype has been giving me memory leaks for multiple months across different HDDs and SSDs, and few clean installs.

no idea what to put here

Does it do the same thing with with nothing installed?

seems to.

no idea what to put here

seems to.

Did you upgrade or clean install Windows 10?

If you upgrade then you should consider reinstalling windows 10 from a bootable usb pendrive(create it with media creation tool) be sure to backup all your work first. After you've backed up all your data then reboot into the usb pendrive that you've created(you may need to go to the boot overide/boot option) when it ask for product key then skip it.

Hi, I have currently an SSD at my disposal so I'd exoect pretty fast shut downs. Instead I have to wait for around two minutes for my system to shut down. After pressing my power off button the shutting down screen stays there for couple seconds as expected and then goes away, leaving my monitor disconnected and spins up the HDD and GPU's fans. What could be wrong? I've done scan with malware bytes and avast.

Disable fast startup on Power Options.

Control panel -> search for Power Options -> Change what the power buttons do -> turn off fast startup (You'll have to click the link near the top to enable changes to fast startup).

I had a lot of headaches with fast startup on (Which is the default) from graphics driver crashes, blue screens, PC being unable to shut down, and file explorer lock ups, even with a clean install.

seems to.

you likely didn't do a clean install of 10

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile