If you haven't heard of it already - Discord voice comm

B32R
Hey all! Just want to share our experience using Discord. We have been using it for over a month now and have been very pleased. Our community of 30+ members were skeptical at first, we were using a combination of teamspeak, IRC, and slack (staff collaboration). Since then our members have praised our decision to move to Discord. The voice quality is impeccable even better than teamspeak! It has channels you can lock to specific roles, password protected channels are planned. It's private, invite through links. Remember this is still in alpha and has yet to blossom.

I rarely if at all do reviews for products, but Discord has impressed me enough to do one.

I have tested and so have a few members of my community the in-game overlay and so far it's been great to unlock it use the konami code in your main display when opening the app (not in chat) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

Android app is beautiful especially with the dark theme

Linux almost here!

Uses less bandwidth & CPU than teamspeak! Tested in resource manager, it's true!

Avrg CPU usage

Discord: .11

teamspeak: .95

Voice and chat data encrypted.

and more!

is it a sponsored review or is it your opinion ? also really  free server that's awsome, if I can convince enough friend to switch to it I'll deffinitly try it ^^. Thanks for your review, great read

I have used Discord a handful of times now and I must say I like it too, though...

Free servers... Free...

Serious question: What's the catch to the free?

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I have used Discord a handful of times now and I must say I like it too, though...

Free servers... Free...

Serious question: What's the catch to the free?

So far nothing really.  It's still a beta product.  I love and hate the UI at the same time.  It looks sleek and really nice but the permissions and set up page UI are just absolutely terrible and confuzzling.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

is it a sponsored review or is it your opinion ? also really  free server that's awsome, if I can convince enough friend to switch to it I'll deffinitly try it ^^. Thanks for your review, great read

I just really like what Discord is doing, and I've talked with the devs and they seem really responsive, unlike cough* ts3 lol

You can chat/game with them, here's there Official Server https://discordapp.com/invite/0ESuwoZe4M2WTUsT

So far nothing really.  It's still a beta product.  I love and hate the UI at the same time.  It looks sleek and really nice but the permissions and set up page UI are just absolutely terrible and confuzzling.

It's in alpha, but has really come a long for being released in May, 2015.