Which sound card should I get?

SauronsV

I have saved a lot of money and have got nothing for christmas so I was thinking about buying a sound card, since they aren't so expensive. Something under 60 euros would be good. I just wanted to compare it to the motherboard audio, and see how much I like it, theres also a bit of static in my headphones coming from the motherboard so yeah. I know I dont need it and it will probably be a waste of money, but I can always return it but I dont think I will. So what is the best budget sound card that is better than the audio from the motherboard?

I like my Xonar DGX.  It can drive my moderately difficult to drive headphones with ease (headphones which my motherboard can't drive adequately).  

However if I had to get something else today I would get an external solution.  It gets everything away from internal computer noise.  I might go with the Creative Sound Blaster Omni just because it has a built in array mic (think of it as a type of speaker phone mic).  If you didn't need the mic then get something marketed as a headphone amp + dac.  The Behringer UCA202 would be good if you don't have difficult to drive headphones.  I would also recommend the SMSL SD793 if your motherboard has a SPDIF or digital coaxial out if available in your price range on your side of the pond.  

Preferably nothing, unless your motherboard audio has obvious noise, distortion, or insufficient volume. Entry level soundcards are no better than motherboard audio these days.

A soundblaster Z, best surround sound implementation over headphones you can currently get.

If your on-board audio works fine with no huge static noises all the time - you don't need a sound card.