Dual Monitors not working with R9 380 and Windows10

I have two monitors, one using HDMI and the other using DVI. I cannot get the computer to display anything on the DVI monitor which will stay in standby mode after displaying the windows logo upon start up. I have an R9 380 with the 15.12 drivers and have just upgraded to windows 10. This monitor set up worked fine on windows 7 with an old radeon 6850. What can I do to fix this issue?

This is what the windows display settings says when I try to use the other monitor: post-52542-0-83416900-1450689913.png

Thanks.

one has to be Displayport

sorry it a requirement

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

sorry it a requirement

Does this just go for win10 or win7 too?

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

Does this just go for win10 or win7 too?

both even 8.1

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

both even 8.1

Can't be, im using one HDMI and one VGA right now in Win7.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

Can't be, im using one HDMI and one VGA right now in Win7.

VGA is not digital

so you will still get video outputs

OP is trying DVI and HDMI

which i know will not work

sorry it a requirement

I had a while 2 monitors and neither of them was connected with a Displayport cable.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

I had a while 2 monitors and neither of them was connected with a Displayport cable.

what input you used?

what input you used?

one was hdmi and the other I think was DVI

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

VGA, DVI, and HDMI output connector. Can it output to two or more displays?

Although the graphics card has three display connectors, it can only output two video signals simultaneously.  This is because two of the three output connectors share one video signal and therefore, the graphics card can only support a maximum of two displays.  The display output combinations that can be achieved are dependent on the specific make and model of the graphics card.

To test which output combinations are possible with the graphics card, connect the displays to the graphics card and launch the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center.  If only one display can be enabled inside the AMD Catalyst Control Center, the video signal is being shared by the two connected outputs.  Moving one of the displays to the other available output connector should allow both displays to work simultaneously. 

try fliping the cables around and try each cable on each monitor

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

if you guys think i am kidding

http://support.amd.com/en-us/search/faq/150

read the FAQ

1 The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort.

2 The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.

The third monitor has to be by DP but not two.

Spoiler

Thats for triple monitors, it says only the third one must use DisplayPort.

ok my bad here

but then we might need to know what model of 380 OP has then

if dual displays are not detecting

if you guys think i am kidding

http://support.amd.com/en-us/search/faq/150

read the FAQ

Hang on, there is a difference between multiple monitors connected to your computer and AMD Eyefinity.

You do NOT need a DP connected monitor if you are not planning to use Eyefinity but just 2 monitors.

I have atm 2 monitors connected to DVI to my 6950 and a DVI and VGA monitor to my iGPU and everything is happy on W7. 4 monitors in total.

It's not happy on W10 btw, don't know why but if i try the same thing in W10 it just craps all over the place. Reason i'm still on W7.

Anyway have you tried to get the pc working with only the DVI monitor connected?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I have two monitors, one using HDMI and the other using DVI. I cannot get the computer to display anything on the DVI monitor which will stay in standby mode after displaying the windows logo upon start up. I have an R9 380 with the 15.12 drivers and have just upgraded to windows 10. This monitor set up worked fine on windows 7 with an old radeon 6850. What can I do to fix this issue?

This is what the windows display settings says when I try to use the other monitor: attachicon.gifmonitors.png

Thanks.

heres a question

did you clean install win 10 or only upgrade

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I have the latest 5.12 crimson edition drivers.

I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7.

I have a Powercolor R9 380 4GB.

I will try and get the DVI display working without having the HDMI display connected.

So from what I understand from these comments is that the HDMI and DVI ports on my GPU may share a video signal and that I might be able to check this through Catalyst control center.

I will do some tinkering and report back with my findings, thanks for the help guys.

Update:

So trying DVI monitor by itself using the DVI-I port the monitor will display the motherboards "asus" splashscreen and then will go into standby mode with a message claiming "No signal - Digital". The DVI monitor plugged into a DVI-D port would display until the windows logo and loading circle appears on bootup and then it goes into standby with the same message.

Plugging into the mobo DVI port results into the same situation as  the DDVI-I port on the GPU.

The same things happen if I have the HDMI display plugged in.