Pentium D 930 10 Year Anniversary Build (Now with benchmarks)

iHardware Shelden

Ohhh okay, yeah- I know what you mean by that. The cases I'm using them in typically have rear exhaust and front intake which tend to help that out.

Interesting, ya funny fact the rear exhaust fan in this case is another coolermaster that I took off my vortex cooler :P

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Awesome little chips and you have to use them to actually see how well they aged, most of the internet says else wise :)

oh definitely , im trying to find another quad core lga775 chip for my brothers pc too , the pentium e2160 ( oc to 2.8ghz ) is bottlenecking his gtx580 a little bit LOL :P

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Things to run:

PassMark PerformanceTest

Crysis 1/2/3

NFS: Most Wanted 2005 (or any other game from 2005-2006 when this baby would have been new)

Handbrake encoding

Minesweeper

Also, @MadManMarsBar: I had to look all over eBay for a few weeks looking for a powerful and compatible LGA775 chip for my "Cheap SFF Wonder". PM me with more specs on the machine and I could try to help out.

The Cheap SFF Wonder -- Turning a Core 2 Duo SFF machine into a useful member of computer society!

i5 3570 -- AS.Rock Z77 Pro3 -- 12GB DDR3 -- R9 380X -- 840Evo 500GB/1TB HDD 

I speak the honest truth with a bit of snark mixed in. I'm sorry if it doesn't line up with your beliefs.

Update:

Ok so I am getting windows updated to the latest stable version of 7 so while all 231 updates install I wanted to ask what benchmarks, games and basic tasks to you want to see ran on this system? I will also be installing XP once I find the disk to do more in depth testing with that and with possibly older games. As for the video that should be made Wednesday or Thursday depending on work :)

Also for possible benchmarks if you could leave the download link that would be appreciated, especially the harder to find ones that knowing my luck I won't ever find :P

BioShock Infinite maybe?

And of course, CS:GO, TF2, and 3DMark FireStrike. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

BioShock Infinite maybe?

And of course, CS:GO, TF2, and 3DMark FireStrike. :P

Things to run:

PassMark PerformanceTest

Crysis 1/2/3

NFS: Most Wanted 2005 (or any other game from 2005-2006 when this baby would have been new)

Handbrake encoding

Minesweeper

Also, @MadManMarsBar: I had to look all over eBay for a few weeks looking for a powerful and compatible LGA775 chip for my "Cheap SFF Wonder". PM me with more specs on the machine and I could try to help out.

You guys sure want to see this system crash and burn don't ya? Well I guess we will see what I can fit on this 80GB hard drive, might need to put another one in to install some of the games :P

Update:

Ok so I am getting windows updated to the latest stable version of 7 so while all 231 updates install I wanted to ask what benchmarks, games and basic tasks to you want to see ran on this system? I will also be installing XP once I find the disk to do more in depth testing with that and with possibly older games. As for the video that should be made Wednesday or Thursday depending on work :)

Also for possible benchmarks if you could leave the download link that would be appreciated, especially the harder to find ones that knowing my luck I won't ever find :P

I definitely would have ran Serious Sam 2 on this bad boy, haha.

Ok so I am finally getting to download the benchmark programs as follows:

• 3D Mark 06 (January of 2006 release)
  • HandBrake
  • Passmark Performance 6 & 7
  • GTA IV
  • CS:GO
  • TF2
  • Crysis (assuming I get a copy of 1,2 or 3)
  • Unigine Tropics 
  • Unigine Heaven & Valley for the heck of it (with the GT 630 & 8600 GTS)

DATA!

Alright well that sure took longer than even I expected but here is most of the data, the rest of it such as games that did not have benchmarking tools I will discus in the video when I decided to make that (hopefully tomorrow). Anyways here is that data in the spoiler below!

NOTE: The fan on my 8600GTS needs to be re-lubricated so I was unable to use it for the test, the GT 630 was used for all of these benchmarks but that allowed the CPU to be the bottleneck. 

System Temps

KVLRuLu.png

(The GT 630 had similar idle temperatures but hit 64c under full load in the closed case)

3DMark 2006

375PLFr.png

PassMark 7

qCDYOGu.png

001Atw6.png

UPrGIbE.png

vFVFJrp.png

stquNwm.png

fnp2EK1.png

YtX33xf.png

Tropic 

BP6k7Zh.png

zBuUo4w.png

Cinebench 11.5

eB6hyqP.png

GTA IV

OeOnCX4.png

CPUZ http://valid.x86.fr/2md5ca

3D Mark 06 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm06/17842639

DATA!

Alright well that sure took longer than even I expected but here is most of the data, the rest of it such as games that did not have benchmarking tools I will discus in the video when I decided to make that (hopefully tomorrow). Anyways here is that data in the spoiler below!

NOTE: The fan on my 8600GTS needs to be re-lubricated so I was unable to use it for the test, the GT 630 was used for all of these benchmarks but that allowed the CPU to be the bottleneck. 

System Temps

KVLRuLu.png

(The GT 630 had similar idle temperatures but hit 64c under full load in the closed case)

3DMark 2006

375PLFr.png

PassMark 7

qCDYOGu.png

001Atw6.png

UPrGIbE.png

vFVFJrp.png

stquNwm.png

fnp2EK1.png

YtX33xf.png

Tropic 

BP6k7Zh.png

Cinebench 11.5

eB6hyqP.png

GTA IV

CPUZ http://valid.x86.fr/2md5ca

3D Mark 06 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm06/17842639

NOICE!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

NOICE!

Wait till you see how well CS:GO actually ran, GTA IV ran very well also for what it was :)

I am amazed that cinebench has scores that low

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I am amazed that cinebench has scores that low

Haha yea I have yet to run it on a Pentium 4 and lower and I don't want to know how bad that it :P

Haha yea I have yet to run it on a Pentium 4 and lower and I don't want to know how bad that it :P

*just chilling here with my 815*

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.