Pentium D 930 10 Year Anniversary Build (Now with benchmarks)

iHardware Shelden

10 people following!? Alright well I think this build deserves a video when it is done :P

Please do.  :D

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Ok so I was stupid and removed the CMOS battery a while ago to use in another system and now I put a new one in and the board is freaking out so this might take a while O_O

Wait-Meme-Cool-HD.jpg

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

As I type this I have a Northwood Celeron D desktop under this desk.......and yeah I still really don't like netburst (apart from the 3.2GHz Pentium 4 HT Northwood in my old laptop). I only ever used Pentium D in shitty school desktops. Which ran Windows 7 on 512MB RAM.

Ok so I was stupid and removed the CMOS battery a while ago to use in another system and now I put a new one in and the board is freaking out so this might take a while O_O

Wait-Meme-Cool-HD.jpg

Lol, I actually had to take the original battery off my Intel slot 1 440BX motherboard to get my Z97 Sabertooth working-its original bios battery is dead.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

As I type this I have a Northwood Celeron D desktop under this desk.......and yeah I still really don't like netburst (apart from the 3.2GHz Pentium 4 HT Northwood in my old laptop). I only ever used Pentium D in shitty school desktops. Which ran Windows 7 on 512MB RAM.

Lol, I actually had to take the original battery off my Intel slot 1 440BX motherboard to get my Z97 Sabertooth working-its original bios battery is dead.

Haha ya the Pentium Ds are quite bad, then again that is what makes me love them so much ;)

December 20, 2005 huh.

k52l

f52llowed

Q1 of 2006 is what Intel's website says so I think I am close enough :P Wow already almost 2016  o_O

Haha ya the Pentium Ds are quite bad, then again that is what makes me love them so much ;)

*sigh* I still can't find any of the first Celeron, you know, those Celeron that rival Netburst/Bulldozer in being a bad idea. And yes I'd love to use one despite the blue screens with XP when trying to replicate one.

PMSL

*sigh* I still can't find any of the first Celeron, you know, those Celeron that rival Netburst/Bulldozer in being a bad idea. And yes I'd love to use one despite the blue screens with XP when trying to replicate one.

the Pentium III-based Celerons?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

the Pentium III-based Celerons?

Nope, the very first Celeron, released in the mid 90's.

PMSL

Ok, so finally got the system running again and Windows 7 booted up. Currently installing the GPU drivers as I type this :D

So with the GPU situation this is were I am with it...

I had the ATI FireGL v3600, only problem is AMD dropped support for the card so I have to use microsoft based drivers (I tried 3rd party ones with no luck :( )

So the GPU I replaced it with is the GeForce 8600 GTS, so far so good :) I also have a GT 630 I can do some benchmarks with if people want to see that for the heck of it :D

Oh I know what ones, one thing is I have never came across the Celeron D line for 775 if that shocks you, it shocks me to be honest  :unsure:

Pentium II-based? Huh?

Pentium II based minus the very important L2 cache. Which was rectified too late with the ondie L2 cache of the Celeron A (which made up for having half the cache of a Pentium II due to the lower latency and bandwidth).

PMSL

Oh I know what ones, one thing is I have never came across the Celeron D line for 775 if that shocks you, it shocks me to be honest  :unsure:

Celeron D were a joke when they launched with the first Pentium 4 Northwood....TBH its kind of easy to see why you don't see LGA 775 Celeron D.

PMSL

Celeron D were a joke when they launched with the first Pentium 4 Northwood....TBH its kind of easy to see why you don't see LGA 775 Celeron D.

Well now I know haha

Very cool!

Have you used the Hyper T2 before, how's it perform? I need something inexpensive to sit on a Xeon in a 775 board...

Very cool!

Have you used the Hyper T2 before, how's it perform? I need something inexpensive to sit on a Xeon in a 775 board...

The Hyper T2 brought my very hot Q6600 down from 65°c on idle to 30°c with the Hyper T2.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Q1 of 2006 is what Intel's website says so I think I am close enough :P Wow already almost 2016  o_O

thw q8200 i put in my sisters PC yesterday is  '06 too O_o still a little power house tho :P

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Very cool!

Amazing for what they are, $20 you can't go wrong. I would recommend using another 90mm fan if possible cause the cooler master one that is on it is not all that great to be honest. The Pentium D is hitting around 61c under full load which is what the BIOS tells me although the 930 does not have a temperature sensor on-board like the AMD FX series.

thw q8200 i put in my sisters PC yesterday is  '06 too O_o still a little power house tho :P

Awesome little chips and you have to use them to actually see how well they aged, most of the internet says else wise :) 

Amazing for what they are, $20 you can't go wrong. I would recommend using another 90mm fan if possible cause the cooler master one that is on it is not all that great to be honest. The Pentium D is hitting around 61c under full load which is what the BIOS tells me although the 930 does not have a temperature sensor on-board like the AMD FX series.

I've bought 4 Hyper T2's so far and every fan has been near silent and performed great, maybe its just the CPU you're using?

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

I've bought 4 Hyper T2's so far and every fan has been near silent and performed great, maybe its just the CPU you're using?

Oh they are quiet, I just noticed the airflow from them is not the greatest, might try a different fan profile in the BIOS

Oh they are quiet, I just noticed the airflow from them is not the greatest, might try a different fan profile in the BIOS

Ohhh okay, yeah- I know what you mean by that. The cases I'm using them in typically have rear exhaust and front intake which tend to help that out.

Update:

Ok so I am getting windows updated to the latest stable version of 7 so while all 231 updates install I wanted to ask what benchmarks, games and basic tasks to you want to see ran on this system? I will also be installing XP once I find the disk to do more in depth testing with that and with possibly older games. As for the video that should be made Wednesday or Thursday depending on work :)

Also for possible benchmarks if you could leave the download link that would be appreciated, especially the harder to find ones that knowing my luck I won't ever find :P