Need help for my PC Uprade

JosGER

Hello there linustechtips community ,

So i want to upgrade my Gaming PC . At the moment i run a i7 3700 non k , an asus p8b75-m lx  , 8g ddr 3 665 mhz , a gtx 970 herkulez and a really cheap case with a 600w power supply. Also i have 1 ssd from Kingston (fury , 120 gb ) for win 10 and 2 1tb hard drives . 

My budget for uprading my system is 500€ (i'm from germany) , i really want a case with a window in it , faster ram and maybe a new processor . So i would like to get some tips in parts from the community !

Thanks !

If you get an overclockable processor, youll need a new motherboard that can overclock. I have an nzxt s340, easy case to build in and fairly inexpensive. Perhaps just get some ram since its getting pretty cheap and call it a day? the rest of your hardware (besides ram) looks solid

So what processor mainboard combo do you think i should get ? Skylake ? or maybe amd ?

So what processor mainboard combo do you think i should get ? Skylake ? or maybe amd ?

and currently doesn't have any new processors so unless you're on a serious budget and want to game and do productivity, avoid amd. Skylake is fine just expensive. Maybe haswell-e since they are affordable

Hello there linustechtips community

You probably don't need to upgrade anything really, if you're still using a 1080p display possibly get a 1440p display

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vx24ah

and I wouldn't worry so much about a case with a window, if you just want a highly functional case then look no further than the HAF XB EVO, although I think it has a windowed option if you can find one, it's around $100 and has 2 hot swap hard drive bays, you could even wall mount it if you were so inclined, but mostly it's just highly functional, the EVO has 3.5" drive bays in the bottom instead of 2.5"

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-case-rc902xbkkn2

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?