Monitors stuck at 60hz

Mattch23

Just noticed that my screens are stuck in 60hz ever since I put my new card in, on the old one they were both able to run at 144hz but now I don't have any other options apart from 60?

Is this because I've had to use Dvi -> Display port adaptors for them to work as they don't have DP Ports?  The screens are Benq xl2411t's 

It won't allow me to change anything in the nvidia control panel so not sure whats up.

are they passive or active adapters

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

are they passive or active adapters

Passive.  DVI Cables plug into that which plugs directly into the card, nothing else at all. 

Edit: These are the ones

thats probably why

Had a feeling that would be it., just wanted to get confirmation aha.

I suppose I'd probably need to get Active Adaptors if I wanted the full 144hz if I didn't get new screens (Which I could be soon)?

Had a feeling that would be it., just wanted to get confirmation aha.

I suppose I'd probably need to get Active Adaptors if I wanted the full 144hz if I didn't get new screens (Which I could be soon)?

yeah you need active adapters for 144hz

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

The title + your display picture = perfect 

My Display Picture is me 90% of the time dealing with the users at work so I thought it'd be fitting :P

yeah you need active adapters for 144hz

Thanks for the Confirmation, I'd assume something like this would be good?

Passive.  DVI Cables plug into that which plugs directly into the card, nothing else at all. 

Edit: These are the ones

those are limited to 1920x1200 @ 60hz

that is not a dual link adapter

i dont think that DP to 144 DVI even exists...

do you not have any other kinds of ports on the monitors than DVI?

how about your GPU? can you go DVI->DVI or HDMI->HDMI?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

those are limited to 1920x1200 @ 60hz

that is not a dual link adapter

i dont think that DP to 144 DVI even exists...

do you not have any other kinds of ports on the monitors than DVI?

how about your GPU? can you go DVI->DVI or HDMI->HDMI?

Ah crap didn't notice that, good shout.  Monitors are DVI / HDMI / 3x Display Port.

I used to have my main screen hooked up to the DVI port and the other 2 were on Adaptors but it was causing all kinds of weird issues for some reason (Kept saying the cable was wrong when it was the original etc).. I'll give it another shot though