Windows 10 Stuck on 10240

ddswh1pk0s

Hello everyone.

I am not on any preview builds or anything like that just the normal stable builds but noticed that I have been on 10240 for quite some time.

Is there a newer build available? I have checked windows update and the update history as well as event viewer but found nothing.

If there is a new build available, do I install it by using an install USB and clicking upgrade?

Thanks in advance

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you set Windows Update to "Defer Updates" then you will not get big build changes until a few months pass.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

The current official build of Windows 10 is: 1511 (Build: 10586.36)

To check for updates, do Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update -> Check for update

If you upgraded to Windows 10 within the last 30 days, even if you performed a clean installation of it within the last 30 days, Windows 10 will not apply any major version updates until a period of 30 (or maybe 31) days has passed. The general reason for this is so that people who have upgraded from Windows 7 or 8(.1) can still roll back to their previous OS, if they choose to within the 30 day roll-back period. Even though this feature only applies to people who have directly upgraded from Windows 7 or 8(.1), who still have their previous Windows OS installation on their drive, the waiting period to receive major new Windows version updates is enforced even for people who have performed a clean installation of Windows 10 on their system.

There isn't a practical reason for it, it's an oversight on MS' part, and as far as I know, there isn't a way around it. I tried with multiple MS techs over remote access and telephone assistance, to force my W10 installation to receive the update, but despite hours of their efforts, messing with Windows files on my PC, they couldn't make it happen.

This new, leaner MS is not performing at the same level which MS has typically performed at in the past.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987