Congress passes budget bill; Hidden inside was the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act[Updated]

AndThenThereWas1

Has anyone here actually looked through the CISA part of the bill? It does not allow for wider NSA surveillance and is only there for companies to help the US. 

In short it allows the government to watch you through data companies collect, so since google watches you, the NSA gets google info, Thus the NSA watches you. The bill would be fine if they didn't make the wording so vague, the way it is currently written allows for bypassing the 4th amendment, also even the department of homeland security thinks it's dumb, because collecting this much data will bog down law enforcement in useless information. In short this bill benefits no one, so why is it here.

(note google and the NSA are just examples it can be any company with any federal law enforcement)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

-snip-

It's important to note that, yes, while the NSA is collecting ALL your data (encrypted or not) they will continue to collect and store in bulk because they don't have the time or resources to look at the data of the average user.

Therefore, wasting time and resources even collecting that data.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

It's important to note that, yes, while the NSA is collecting ALL your data (encrypted or not) they will continue to collect and store in bulk because they don't have the time or resources to look at the data of the average user.

Therefore, wasting time and resources even collecting that data.

So they collect too much data to go through. That makes me wonder.

Is there a way to create a lot of data they collect and causing a sort of ddos on their systems?

I mean, they collect specfic parts of data, if we can flood the internet with that, won't that cause an overflow on their systems?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Come to NZ, our animals aren't out to kill you ;)

but tour rugby team is. Go bokke!

- snip-

The constitution and the bill of rights weren't designed to protect terrorist and criminals. When you design a intranet just in the confines of your home I will advocate for it rights. Until then the Internet is not a do whatever you want and get away with it utility.

What the fuck did you just say? What the FUCK did you just say? It was DIRECTLY made to protect people from the government most of all. We should also get rid of the 5th, the 6th, the 7th, and the 8th according to that pea-brained logic " 'cause the bill of rights wasn't designed to protect terrorists and criminals" MY FUCKING GOD...

Truly, the irony of having the American flag in your profile pic reminded me of one of the best quotes of all time, "“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

So they collect too much data to go through. That makes me wonder.

Is there a way to create a lot of data they collect and causing a sort of ddos on their systems?

I mean, they collect specfic parts of data, if we can flood the internet with that, won't that cause an overflow on their systems?

If you like the idea of spending 11-18 years in prison, sure, go for it.

The constitution and the bill of rights weren't designed to protect terrorist and criminals. When you design a intranet just in the confines of your home I will advocate for it rights. Until then the Internet is not a do whatever you want and get away with it utility.

If the government defines anyone who speaks their mind as a criminal does your logic still hold true? Many of the amendments in the bill of rights relate to protecting citizens in criminal investigations (4-8) as for terrorist well that depends, foreign terrorist are not relevant true as "the people" refers to US citizens, but a US citizen still has the rights given by the constitution regardless. So don't try to use a straw man argument on a subject you have no insight on.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

If you like the idea of spending 11-18 years in prison, sure, go for it.

Why would that put someone in prison? You can't be put into jail for putting fake information out there that does no harm or something...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Why would that put someone in prison? You can't be put into jail for putting fake information out there that does no harm or something...

It's fine to create fake data such as an internet bot that searches for flag worthy things, so long as they collect the data instead of you spamming them with it intentionally.

Oh He signed it?

THANKS OBAMA!!

^This.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's fine to create fake data such as an internet bot that searches for flag worthy things, so long as they collect the data instead of you spamming them with it intentionally.

Well yea just pushing fake data straight to them won't work probably.

What i mean is that you just put a lot of fake information out there that's flag worthy for them, but such a big amount of it their systems can't handle it.

So you sort of spam them, but they can't punish you for it because you didn't aim an attack straight at them because in the end you just released a lot of fake information and nothing more.

You mentioned performing a DDOS attack against a government network; certainly going to land you behind bars. Especially now with the big focus on cybersecurity. However now we're talking about falsifying information. Also a felony which may result in fines and/or up to 5 years in prison as stated by title 18, section 1001 of the US Criminal Code.

I hope Obama does the right thing and veto this garbage even if it leads to a gov shutdown. This sort of behavior shouldn't be allowed by lawmakers.

Obama wanted it in there.

I'm not sure which poison in america is worse, granted a lot of the poison in mexico is due to american legislation... but... no.

As for ACTUALLY expatriating... no... if you are an american you basically have to sell your children and commit seppukku before you can legally sever ties, and even after doing all that it is at the discretion of the government whether they will let you leave, and if they ever decide you still owe them anything they reserve the right to hunt you down anywhere on earth and drag you back to pay up.

nah dude, its actually really easy... you basically just give them your passport and pay off whatever taxes you will owe with no opportunity for a refund. then the US watches your bank accounts for the next 3 years to be sure you aren't dodging those taxes somehow (for some reason). 

Just watched a family member go through it. He said it was the best decision he's ever made.

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

You mentioned performing a DDOS attack against a government network; certainly going to land you behind bars. Especially now with the big focus on cybersecurity. However now we're talking about falsifying information. Also a felony which may result in fines and/or up to 5 years in prison as stated by title 18, section 1001 of the US Criminal Code.

A sort of DDOS attack, i referred to that because what i wanted to explain could maybe have the effects of a DDoS attack.

Just attacking the NSA would be stupid unless you are really sure you could get away with it.

And isn't there a difference between falsifying information and complete fake information?

For me falsifying information is taking real true information and changing a part of it.

Fake information has no relation at all with something true, and if you are aiming for the NSA, you want it to look real, but preferably isn't at all.

And if you have some time read my post above your last post, there is some more info about what i exacly mean with all this.

How Americans aren't lining up to flee away in droves boggles the mind. Canada is literally a hop and a skip away. Hell, I'd rather live in Mexico. Nicaragua, Cuba, Jamaica, all easily more attractive options than USA.

Because everyone's a giant wuss who doesn't want to make a move because they're scared they'll lose all their luxuries.

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Because everyone's a giant wuss who doesn't want to make a move because they're scared they'll lose all their luxuries.

Because despite everything the U.S. i still not a bad place.

Canada's not much better, anything below our border is definitely worse.

Most of Europe is going downhill.

It's very easy to just leave the U.S.

There's a reason so many people want to live here and a reason why it's not that easy to become a citizen.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

This is EXACTLY why the US federal government needs to be totally gutted.

There are way too many "career" politicians that are only creating/supporting legislation that further their agenda/put more money in their pockets. I am so fucking sick of this shit. If it has nothing to do with the actual budget, how THE FUCK is it even allowed to be included in any way!? If someone can only be President for two 4-year terms at most, why the hell do we allow people to be in any federal government position for 40+ years!?

Mark my words, there are already rumblings, and if the federal government keeps going this way there will be a second revolution.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

How Americans aren't lining up to flee away in droves boggles the mind. Canada is literally a hop and a skip away. Hell, I'd rather live in Mexico. Nicaragua, Cuba, Jamaica, all easily more attractive options than USA.

We're a more free country than any other. I'm not moving to another country even if Trump becomes president.

We're a more free country than any other. I'm not moving to another country even if Trump becomes president.

if he becomes President, we can at least be thankful that Putin will be on our side.  Wellnotreally

nah dude, its actually really easy... you basically just give them your passport and pay off whatever taxes you will owe with no opportunity for a refund. then the US watches your bank accounts for the next 3 years to be sure you aren't dodging those taxes somehow (for some reason). 

Just watched a family member go through it. He said it was the best decision he's ever made.

There's a lot of hoops to jump through, and a lot of gotchas the IRS can make use of down the road. I hope he is able to fully sever ties and not have any future headaches.

I still find it interesting IRS code is allowed to trump US Code as it pertains to expatriation. The US Code is quite explicit and up front on expatriation, but the IRS Code is allowed to supersede it. On top of trumping US Code as it pertains to guarantee of expatriation the IRS also reserves the right to keep tabs and extradite those it finds owe after expatriation.

The more you look into the more varied bureaucracies you notice have a say in what will happen and the costs or pitfalls that will be put in your way.