Trying to choose the best of these 6 products (performance per dollar)

wtfdude

So basically you're asking us what you should buy? 

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

Cryorig H7 is better than the 212 EVO and about the same price, take a look at it.

Oh, and 390>970

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

So basically you're asking us what you should buy? 

yes 

Cryorig H7 is better than the 212 EVO and about the same price, take a look at it.

Oh, and 390>970

does it support 775 also? Im upgrading my current pc but want to carry the cpu cooler over to my new build when it inevitably happens 

if you're asking for performance per dollar then why are there only 2 graphics cards in that list? Motherboards and coolers don't really add performance unless you are talking about overclockablility

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Motherboards and coolers don't really add performance unless you are talking about overclockablility

which is why the cheaper option is better performance per dollar

if you're asking for performance per dollar then why are there only 2 graphics cards in that list?

because he has a budget

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you're getting a 390 get a Sapphire nitro.

why? its the same price and i've never heard of Sapphire Nitro. What makes it better? (serious question)

why? its the same price and i've never heard of Sapphire Nitro. What makes it better? (serious question)

Sapphire Nitro and MSI are the two brands with the best coolers. As far as which one you wanna pick, I know that one of them has better customer support, but I don't know which one.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Sapphire Nitro and MSI are the two brands with the best coolers. As far as which one you wanna pick, I know that one of them has better customer support, but I don't know which one.

Thanks that kinda helps :D

Sorry I was at school. What railgun said, plus the fact that the sapphire coolers are stunning.

Sorry I was at school. What railgun said, plus the fact that the sapphire coolers are stunning.

what about the part about customer support? 

what about the part about customer support? 

Personally idk but the cards are of such high quality, the customer support must me at least decent.

the msi gaming 5 is a better board than the krait sli, just fyi.

also get a noctua nh-d14 and the 390 and you are good to go

The site has changed....

the msi gaming 5 is a better board than the krait sli, just fyi.

also get a noctua nh-d14 and the 390 and you are good to go

Could you tell me what about the gaming 5 is better? Despite the poll results it hasn't made the decisioni between the two boards any easier.

Also the noctua cooler does look like a great option. Would it really be better than the watercooler?

thanks for making this harder :D

Could you tell me what about the gaming 5 is better? Despite the poll results it hasn't made the decisioni between the two boards any easier.

Also the noctua cooler does look like a great option. Would it really be better than the watercooler?

thanks for making this harder :D

the noctua nh-d14 and nh-d15 are consider better than many 120mm AIO, especially this one.

gaming 5 has 8 power phases while the Krait has a 6 phase system, so the gaming 5 can overclock better-safer, and it has better quality components

gaming 5 has killer ethernet lan while the krait has realtek, also the gaming 5 has better audio

The site has changed....

the noctua nh-d14 and nh-d15 are consider better than many 120mm AIO, especially this one.

gaming 5 has 8 power phases while the Krait has a 6 phase system, so the gaming 5 can overclock better-safer, and it has better quality components

gaming 5 has killer ethernet lan while the krait has realtek, also the gaming 5 has better audio

Im really leaning towards the noctua now. I wonder if it would have problems with this ram:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231568&_ga=1.37386720.1159511623.1449909889

i dont mind spending the extra 40 bucks on a motherboard in a system thats going to cost $2000 for better reliability and quality. Especially when future overclocking in my build is desired. So thats why its confusing most people would choose the krait. 

Im really leaning towards the noctua now. I wonder if it would have problems with this ram:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231568&_ga=1.37386720.1159511623.1449909889

i dont mind spending the extra 40 bucks on a motherboard in a system thats going to cost $2000 for better reliability and quality. Especially when future overclocking in my build is desired. So thats why its confusing most people would choose the krait. 

it should be fine. just check if it fits in your case.

The site has changed....

it should be fine. just check if it fits in your case.

I checked the website it does indeed fit. I also googled Noctua NH-D14 vs AIO and was really surprised by the results. I think i know what im getting now thanks for the suggestion!

Funny enough the AIO actually blue screened right at the 4 minute mark in the video. Linus' silence when this happens is hilarious