Is the modmic 4.0 worth the money?

tROVLET

hi, i just wanted to ask your opinion on this mic is this a good mic for 50$? or its just overhyped thing because of the feature

there is a good price on massdrop 50$ with shiping
the model is  omnidirectional muted

the omni directional model is not as good as their other model, but its still an absolutely fine mic. Personally, 50$ for an omni mic i would avoid, but if you need a headset mounted mic, go for it.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

the omni directional model is not as good as their other model, but its still an absolutely fine mic. Personally, 50$ for an omni mic i would avoid, but if you need a headset mounted mic, go for it.

I Can buy it from their site with 12$ to more

so which is the best from their site?

i own the 3.0 and i love it

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

i own the 3.0 and i love it

Mind joining a skype conversation with my pals? i want to see what they think

now i have garabge 5$ mic and they dont stop complaining hehe

I have the 4.0 (at least I'm fairly sure it is) and most people have said it's pretty good quality on the other end. It can be a bit quiet I guess as that's the only complaint I have ever got while using it.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

I have the 4.0 and I love it. :)

Keep in mind that if you plug it in some old PC (typical old Dell at work) it may sound like garbage, so don't judge it under those circumstances.

If you're not going the condenser microphone > mixer route then it is probably the best mic option I have seen for under $60.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

I Can buy it from their site with 12$ to more

so which is the best from their site?

If you're buying from their site get the uni-direction model of the 4.0, that way it picks up sounds from your desk (keyboard/mouse/etc) and sounds from the rest of the room, less effectively, and has more of a constant on your voice alone.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

If you're buying from their site get the uni-direction model of the 4.0, that way it picks up sounds from your desk (keyboard/mouse/etc) and sounds from the rest of the room, less effectively, and has more of a constant on your voice alone.

Isnt it bad that it does all this?

LMFTFY

If you're buying from their site get the uni-direction model of the 4.0, that way it helps lessen sounds from your desk (keyboard/mouse/etc) and the rest of the room, and has more of a focus on your voice only.

Hopefully that makes it easier to understand @tROVLET

As a whole, I use the modmic 4.0 attached to a pair of DT990 Prem 600, and the next good step up in my eyes would be buying the AT2020 USB+ for $150, so for a 3rd of that cost, the modmic does everything I need it to at a decent cost without sounding like a cheap crappy mic such as the Zalman ZM-MIC1.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Whoops! Meant to say, "That way it DOESNT..."

Guess that slipped past me in my hung-over state >.>

EDIT: Oh wait, just wasn't clear on that what I meant. I was trying to say it will pick up both sounds from your desk and the rest of the room, less effectively (or those sounds will be quieter)   -Guess even in my tired state, I'm not on my game xD

I have a modmic 4.0 omni and I had a 1.0 before. The quality was great on a Xonar card but on a Soundblaster ZX its got a lot of hiss in the background. If its good really depends on the thing you plug it into because its far from working universally for everyone. I don't really recommend it anymore.

Imo no the modmic isn't worth $50. Moovmic for $20 is basically the same thing. I recommend that over the modmic

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3