Help convert me to Android

13CA350

So, I've always had iPhones. All my life. I have had every single model, except the 6S, and I'm delaying buying a new one because I am seriously considering getting an Android phone. I have never used Android before and don't really know what it has to offer.

I think I might want to get the Droid Turbo but I'm afraid I won't like the software. Can I:

• Put a custom skin on it
  • Put custom apps/ tools on it?

What does Android have to offer that really sets it apart from iOS?

Thanks

Don't go to the dark side. 

#iosmasterrace

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

So, I've always had iPhones. All my life. I have had every single model, except the 6S, and I'm delaying buying a new one because I am seriously considering getting an Android phone. I have never used Android before and don't really know what it has to offer.

I think I might want to get the Droid Turbo but I'm afraid I won't like the software. Can I:

Thanks

androids main appeal is that you can customize it...hack it..and do whatever you want with it..and change the rom..also its easier to get stuff for free on android

if you want something just simple and works always perfectly...ios is more your flavor

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

iOS has better security and the updates come more frequent and even once the phone is a few years old it may still be able to update. But they do have pretty bad battery life. Also it's quite silly getting the latest phone every year, but if that's how you go then fine. 

This is my opinion but I think ios is nicer and a more clean and easy environment to use. And it is alot safer I remember seeing on the wan show that something like 70% of android devices are unsecured. 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

#iosmasterrace

uh oh

dont you dare start an iOS vs Android war

rooting ≠ jailbreaking

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

basically if you just wanna buy a phone and not "play" with it..then android isn't for you

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

#iosmasterrace

The Dark Side is the better side.

Emulation support is beyond compare on Android. (not that it is bad anymore on iOS)

For example, I have a free program that runs a TI-84/89 titanium edition skin. You can then download the operating system online from texas instruments for free.

Congratz, you now have a 150 dollar calculator that is still considered one of the most user-friendly and powerful on the market, and it's a touchscreen with about 100x the speed of the real thing (not that you will notice the difference unless doing complex integration or other super demanding things.

Oh, and Android devices are no more or less secure in practice than iOS, in that for both you have to be a true idiot or the most unlucky person in the world to actually have your data compromised directly. It is infinitely more likely the service itself is hacked (like Apple's numerous breaches over the past few years).

Finally, the best thing imho is that you don't have to be stuck with the stupidest design interface ever created.

post-225630-0-49690000-1450402691_thumb.

post-225630-0-05584800-1450402658_thumb.

Efficient space use, with filling around the edges of your device both allowing you to admire the background you used, and not have to reach to the center of the phone all the time. Plus in general organization can be done in any way to suit your desires.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Depends on your definition of "custom". You can install 3rd party launchers(ex: Nova Launcher, Launcher8, etc.) without voiding any kind of warranty and you can also download some customization apps like Powertoggles without voiding the warranty(and installing the previously mentioned things is easy as pressing two buttons), but if you want to do true/deep OS tweaking then you will need root access and/or a custom ROM, which might void your warranty. I run Nova Launcher Prime on pretty much all of my devices since I love the customizability, I can make the home interface "mine" and the way I want to use my phone.

Android is just feature packed, and now it has great apps, is fast, and has a pretty decent UI whether you decide to customize it or not.

Edit: How much do you use iTunes?

The Dark Side is the better side.

Linus once said that he prefers ios in some cases because of the clean and easy to use software. 

on android you can change basically everything.. run a custom ROM, run a custom kernel, run a different launcher.. ofc it's slightly different for OEM phones like Samsung. fortunately the android haven that is xda has lots of material on doing these sorts of things

Thanks

Tasks are more easily handled, so the OS is snappier. Due to performance hungry apps, specs are higher, so there are less system hook ups.

Customization, you are not stuck in a glass palace with android.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Linus once said that he prefers ios in some cases because of the clean and easy to use software. 

We are power users, not dumb consumers.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

I'd suggest swapping phones with a friend for a week to see if you have problems on the other side. I can tell you that, after having had iOS for awhile now, it might be hard for me to transfer over to Android.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Yes and yes

that you can do anything with it

even have it look like iOS

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yes

Yes

BUY IT!

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Real android users won't try to convert you, as they wan't to keep all the benefits to themselves! 

Might add this later...

#iosmasterrace

Nova Launcherrrrr! 

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

@Curufinwe_wins The problem with the TI-84 Emulation is that most teachers wont let you use it in class

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

@Curufinwe_wins The problem with the TI-84 Emulation is that most teachers wont let you use it in class

Indeed, but it is a godsend for both homework and professional life.  Besides teachers won't give a damn if you use it during a class in general, just not during tests and exams, in which case bringing around another bulky item is less of a big deal. (I'll admit, if I had had this back in high school it wouldn't have mattered because I'd say 90% of my math and science tests were non-calculator at all... Gotta remember those calc rules...)

Or even just daily use... Using a REAL calculator whenever you want to do math, quickly and effectively over the total pieces of shit that come with most phones and computers these days is such a game changer. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

facial recognition 

its for the needs of basic people.