Sound Card recomendations?

Leftover

Hey lovely people of earth,

I have aquired a beautiful headset (Sennheiser Game Zero, can only recomend it) and in a previous post people generaly stated I don´t need a sound card. But! I tried the beast on my computer (no sound card) and a friends pc who has quite a basic sound card (a CLS I was told). And man it was heaven! So here I am looking to buy a sound card and was wondering what sound cards would be the best in a roughly 50 buck budget (but flexible! if price to performance is worth the extra investment). (mainly looking for auido quality) I´m thankful for any and all suggestions!  :D

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc-components/sound-cards/asus-xonar-dg-717199/review

It's a tough job to convince anyone to upgrade from on-board audio, for the very good reason that most integrated sound chips are good enough for the majority's needs. Having made the decision to upgrade, should you be looking at something a little grander?

We've used Rightmark's Audio Analyzer tool to give a top level breakdown of the card's performance. It's worth pointing out that this simply measuring variations in tones via a loopback from the speaker to the mic channel – effectively the card is listening to itself.

RMAA total harmonic distortion 24-bit/48KHz (lower is better)
Intel on board: 0.131%
Creative X-Fi Titanium HD: 0.0020%
ASUS Xonar Xense: 0.0004%
ASUS DG: 0.0027%

RMAA Dynamic range 24-bit/48KHz (higher is better)
Intel on board: 90.4dBA
Creative X-Fi Titanium HD: 113.2dBA
ASUS Xonar Xense: 115.0dBA
ASUS Xonar DG: 103.3dBA

Noise level 24-bit/48KHz (lower is better)
Intel on board: -90.4
Creative X-Fi Titanium HD: -113.4dBa
ASUS Xonar Xense: -116.1dBA
ASUS Xonar HD: -103/4dBa

The Xonar DG gets as close to its claimed stats as any card we've tested in the Rightmark tests, which is a good start. Subjectively, it also delivers on its promise of outperforming on-board audio by a long way. The headphone amp in particular, which can be tuned for high impedance headsets up to 150ohms is an exceptionally good touch at this price.

If you game through headphones, this is well worth the upgrade, with a powerful bass blast that doesn't drown out more subtle midtones and high range effects. For this alone, we'd choose the DG over the slightly more expensive Creative X-Fi Xtreme.

bump your budget and get an asus xonar

Sounds good, which one would you recommend? I saw you suggested a 53 dolar one but would bringing up the budget be worth it? I´m flexible

Hey lovely people of earth,

I have aquired a beautiful headset (Sennheiser Game Zero, can only recomend it) and in a previous post people generaly stated I don´t need a sound card. But! I tried the beast on my computer (no sound card) and a friends pc who has quite a basic sound card (a CLS I was told). And man it was heaven! So here I am looking to buy a sound card and was wondering what sound cards would be the best in a roughly 50 buck budget. (mainly looking for auido quality) I´m thankful for any and all suggestions!  :D

Anything ASUS.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-sound-card-xonardsx

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

The Asus Xonar DG/DGX is a very slight (maybe unnoticeable) upgrade over onboard audio.

If you have money, get an Essence ST/STX.

Though the best would probably be a Schiit stack (Modi 2 and Magni 2) along with a Hifimediy USB isolator or a Schiit Wyrd

The Asus Xonar DG/DGX is a very slight (maybe unnoticeable) upgrade over onboard audio.

If you have money, get an Essence ST/STX.

Though the best would probably be a Schiit stack (Modi 2 and Magni 2) along with a Hifimediy USB isolator or a Schiit Wyrd

+1 for the Essence STX II and if budget is no limit +1 for the Schiit stack. :)

EDIT: On second read, he says only $50 of budget. So I guess that all those posibilities fall of the line.

Are you seriously recommending spending $300 on this headset? Including a USB isoloator/Schiit Wyrd??

Christ.

Since the OP has apparently established that they need to buy "something", I recommend starting with the Schiit Magni 2. No DAC, no USB decrapifier, no magic rocks. I guarantee that the Schiit amp alone will be better than any soundcard from Asus, which is not a real audio company, although they sure make a lot of noise pretending.

Then, if you want to do a serious upgrade in the future, get a better headphone and separate mic. Putting money anywhere but the transducer at this budget level (sub $300) is basically a great way to waste money.

Are you seriously recommending spending $300 on this headset? Including a USB isoloator/Schiit Wyrd??

Christ.

Since the OP has apparently established that they need to buy "something", I recommend starting with the Schiit Magni 2. No DAC, no USB decrapifier, no magic rocks. I guarantee that the Schiit amp alone will be better than any soundcard from Asus, which is not a real audio company, although they sure make a lot of noise pretending.

Then, if you want to do a serious upgrade in the future, get a better headphone and separate mic. Putting money anywhere but the transducer at this budget level (sub $300) is basically a great way to waste money.

Is there any reason not to just pick up this:http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-DAC63057-Stereo-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B009WN7QT4 and call it a day? Excluding the headphones and mic.