Just me or this guy has no idea what he has and how much its worth?

Andrew Storlie

http://racine.craigslist.org/sys/5363881874.html

Just surfing my local CL and saw this ad...

I think he is too fixated on the price he paid for it new probably 4 years ago. 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

I'm sure he has a very good idea of what he has, he's just trying to sell it to a rich idiot

http://racine.craigslist.org/sys/5363881874.html

Just surfing my local CL and saw this ad...

Think of it this way, if you were the average person who had 0 idea about computers would you know what it's worth?

As a parent who wants to get a kid a computer and is looking for a "deal", would you know if its worth what he's asking?

People will buy even if its really overpriced just because they don't know the value.

yea probably... now days on CL that pc is only gonna be worth maybe 500-600.

yea probably... now days on CL that pc is only gonna be worth maybe 500-600.

Probably, the sabretooth is a good clocker it can even run a 9590 pretty easily. the 760T is a nice case too. Regardless, he'll keep dropping the price till it sells. 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Even 4 years ago (it should be 3 though as it has a 760) it would cost 1000 dollars at best.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Even 4 years ago (it should be 3 though as it has a 760) it would cost 1000 dollars at best.

Wouldn't know, I don't live in newcastle, we have GBP here in greater manchester.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

The only "premium" components in this system are the RevoDrive and the case... I mean, it's an "all right" system but it isn't worth $1700. I would give him $1000 maximum. He lives in the past. PC components get cheap quickly and I think he doesn't realize that.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Wouldn't know, I don't live in newcastle, we have GBP here in greater manchester.

Nah I'm speaking about the US.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

If a non-suspecting person looking up the CPU and read the people saying how their Sandybridge setups are still completely viable today, some 5 years later, that is going to make someone firmly believe it is a good deal.

Most people who don't know very much expect the CPU to be the most expensive part of a system, so won't really delve much further into the research, however, if they did, they would then realise what is up and not bother with it.

You always get chancers and very often, a chancer will get lucky.

BUT... BUT...

It has 6 cores....

Doesnt that means it will beat anything?..

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

BUT... BUT...

It has 6 cores....

Doesnt that means it will beat anything?...

Nah, the FX4100 will beat all. Because GHz.

Nah, the FX4100 will beat all. Because GHz.

NO .

FX 9590 because 5ghz !

MOST BEST CPU AVER !

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

NO .

FX 9590 because 5ghz !

MOST BEST CPU AVER !

But CPUBoss says it can get to 8.79GHz on water. :P

No seriously, have a look at it.

But CPUBoss says it can get to 8.79GHz on water. :P

No seriously, have a look at it.

I see 5.13 on water.

But they also say voltage range is 1.9-2.0V

I see 5.13 on water.

But they also say voltage range is 1.9-2.0V

I might be thinking of the 8350, but there was one of them that actually said 8.79GHz.

Yeah, here it is... http://cpuboss.com/cpu/AMD-FX-8350

This is why GPUboss is dead to me.

I might be thinking of the 8350, but there was one of them that actually said 8.79GHz.

Yeah, here it is... http://cpuboss.com/cpu/AMD-FX-8350

This is why GPUboss is dead to me.

ikr , cpuboss is like one of the worst hardware comparison sites out there...

And i don't get how 8.79 is even relevant for that website , especially since it wasn't on water , but on ln2