WASD Keyboards introduces the CODE Keyboard with Cherry MX Clear switches

nhz.png

Source: www.codekeyboards.com | I made the image transparent with a white glow so it looks good on the LTT Black theme as well <3

The CODE Keyboard, a collaboration between WASD Keyboards and Jeff Atwood aka "Coding Horror" have developed a mechanical keyboard.... with Cherry MX Clear switches. That's right, I said Clear.

This keyboard retails for $149.99 with 104 and 87 key options, and costs for shipping depends on the destination. Across the US is about ~$22, and across the US/Canada border is about $35 to British Columbia.

Read more here: http://codekeyboards.com/

I tried to get Slick's attention to see what he thinks about Clear switches https://twitter.com/vettexl/status/372582296517238784

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I love the lighting on those keyboards

I know, right? So good for a gaming scenario, but stylish enough for some professional scenarios too.

Looks so good  :o  Wish more people made clean no-nonsense keyboards like that, without glossy finishes... (looking at you, Das)

Just wish they made a version with a volume roller and a single row of macros xD and more variety of switches (greens  :wub: )

Still waiting for someone to do a keyboard right... These guys are close though :P

Looks so good  :o  Wish more people made clean no-nonsense keyboards like that, without glossy finishes... (looking at you, Das)

Just wish they made a version with a volume roller and a single row of macros xD and more variety of switches (greens  :wub: )

Still waiting for someone to do a keyboard right... These guys are close though :P

So Green switches, a row of macros, and a volume roller? That's not too far off, and could be done easily by then or another company. :)

So Green switches, a row of macros, and a volume roller? That's not too far off, and could be done easily by then or another company. :)

Well, I gave you the short list.  If they did just those things though I would probably buy it, since no one has come even that close, but I have other suggestions too... hehe.  If only I was one of those pro gamers that they design keyboards specifically for... or was friends with one... lol

@Slick What are your thoughts on this news and on Cherry MX Clears in general?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

holly balls. I have a question though. I'm not too familiar with MX clears but from the description are they just more tactile browns?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

They are heavier Browns.  Like Blacks to Reds, or Greens to Blues.

Thanks for clearing that up.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Clears are indeed heavier browns, but the actuation point can be felt much more clearly with the clears as compared to the browns, so they're not just heavier but they're more tactile & they are quiet too, clears are probably my favorite key switches.

I want to buy one, but after shipping it'll cost $185 USD.... hmm....

I just ordered 10keyless and fuck that it costs 210 with shipping to norway - I can afford it for my cake day :P

Heavier browns??? Awesome. I love my browns but clear sounds perfect.

And the keyboard looks awesome, too.

I just ordered 10keyless and fuck that it costs 210 with shipping to norway - I can afford it for my cake day :P

Oh my, and here I am complaining about $185 >_> Nice going though!

So apparently Slick approves of it :)https://twitter.com/SlickPC/status/372651613690658816

EDIT: Sorry, double post! :o Merge pl0x?

He approves!

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Anyone know about a nordic version???

You mean an ISO version? I don't think we'll see one (if at all) for some time.

Anyone know about a nordic version???

Srsly? Why would you want a nordic version?! It has its big enter and its not really a problem to remember where the 3 nordic letters are

I think I'm in love with this keyboard...it sounds perfect...too bad it's $210 to ship to Australia :(

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Srsly? Why would you want a nordic version?! It has its big enter and its not really a problem to remember where the 3 nordic letters are

okay I will order it:) (going to use it for norwegian school tasks, reason for nordic version:)

okay I will order it:) (going to use it for norwegian school tasks, reason for nordic version:)

if they made a Skyrim edition, would that be close enough? :P