V-Moda M-100: keep or sell?

Pooherino ツ

Just bought a pair of V-Moda M-100 from Microsoft Store for C$75, they are C$279 on amazon.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/V-MODA-Crossfade-M-100-Headphones-Phantom-Chrome/productID.325694700

They are C$150 but I got a promo code for $75 which brings them to C$75.

Just wondering if I should post them on kijiji/craiglist for like $150-$200, or just keep them. Thank you.

How is this an audio question? Do you need or want better headphones? Or do you want to make $125? This is a good headphone if the sound signature is to your liking.

How is this an audio question? Do you need or want better headphones? Or do you want to make $125? This is a good headphone if the sound signature is to your liking.

I used to have a pair of Crossfade LP, and I love them but they are not comfortable, they cramp my head so idk if these are the same, if they are then ill probably sell them

I used to have a pair of Crossfade LP, and I love them but they are not comfortable, they cramp my head so idk if these are the same, if they are then ill probably sell them

There are XL pads available for them if you thing they feel too small.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Personally, I'd sell.. But that's just based on the fact the V-Moda's have ample base and no treble, mids, or balance. 

Perfect for watching explosions on YouTube, or listening to rocket launches but not much else...

Personally, I'd sell.. But that's just based on the fact the V-Moda's have ample base and no treble, mids, or balance. 

Perfect for watching explosions on YouTube, or listening to rocket launches but not much else...

Have you owned one before?

He's tried a lot of headphones and come to the conclusion that Sennheiser is the bestest.

Which is not necessarily wrong, it's just a warped and biased perspective to then go smearing everything else.

Have not owned, no. But have tested as they were originally part of my selection. 

He's tried a lot of headphones and come to the conclusion that Sennheiser is the bestest.

Which is not necessarily wrong, it's just a warped and biased perspective to then go smearing everything else.

Actually what I'd really like are Audeze LCD-4s... But that's not going to happen. 

Actually what I'd really like are Audeze LCD-4s... But that's not going to happen. 

Why, what do they sound like.

Why, what do they sound like.

At this current point in time, I have no idea... But I want to find out. 

At this current point in time, I have no idea... But I want to find out.

Would be a large upgrade from the Astro A50's in your sig for sure.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Would be a large upgrade from the Astro A50's in your sig for sure.

The A50s are purely for gaming. I currently have AKG 701s and B&W P5v2s for daily listening if I'm using cans. But even then, a massive upgrade. 

Have not owned, no. But have tested as they were originally part of my selection.

I'd never say V-moda lacks the necessary mids and treble. I think it's one of the best portable headphones, competing with PM-3 and Momentum

Just bought a pair of V-Moda M-100 from Microsoft Store for C$75, they are C$279 on amazon.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/V-MODA-Crossfade-M-100-Headphones-Phantom-Chrome/productID.325694700

They are C$150 but I got a promo code for $75 which brings them to C$75.

Just wondering if I should post them on kijiji/craiglist for like $150-$200, or just keep them. Thank you.

The real question is what do YOU think of them? Have you listened to them yet? Don't worry so much about comfort at this current time, because the stock pads suck and are far too shallow IMO, they NEED the V-Moda XL pads to feel comfy (much deeper and much more cushion).

Also, don't ask other people what they would do. You need to decide if YOU like them and they are worth keeping or getting rid of. If you do decide to keep though, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend getting the XL pads.

I'd never say V-moda lacks the necessary mids and treble. I think it's one of the best portable headphones, competing with PM-3 and Momentum

I'd agree with this, the mids I would say are laid back, but they are not recessed, simply making it not a headphone suited best for vocal performance. The treble is nice and detailed while being upfront with a slight sparkle (but not fatiguing from my experience). For ME personally, they have been a great portable set of cans.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

The real question is what do YOU think of them? Have you listened to them yet? Don't worry so much about comfort at this current time, because the stock pads suck and are far too shallow IMO, they NEED the V-Moda XL pads to feel comfy (much deeper and much more cushion).

Also, don't ask other people what they would do. You need to decide if YOU like them and they are worth keeping or getting rid of. If you do decide to keep though, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend getting the XL pads.

I'd agree with this, the mids I would say are laid back, but they are not recessed, simply making it not a headphone suited best for vocal performance. The treble is nice and detailed while being upfront with a slight sparkle (but not fatiguing from my experience). For ME personally, they have been a great portable set of cans.

Hi, I currently have the Bose Soundtrue headphones that I have own for over a year now, and the reason why I've been using the Bose is because it is extremely comfortable, very light weight and doesn't clamp on my ears, but I don't know if the V-moda are better in term of sound, probably not the comfort. Should I upgrade from the Bose or just keep the Bose?

Hi, I currently have the Bose Soundtrue headphones that I have own for over a year now, and the reason why I've been using the Bose is because it is extremely comfortable, very light weight and doesn't clamp on my ears, but I don't know if the V-moda are better in term of sound, probably not the comfort. Should I upgrade from the Bose or just keep the Bose?

So try them and decide? If you can't hear a difference then it doesn't really matter what other people think.

So try them and decide? If you can't hear a difference then it doesn't really matter what other people think.

hmmm... see thats the problem, I kinda don't wanna open them if im not gonna keep them lol. Cus my bose are still very good, haven't even show signs of worn yet at all, still look brand new. maybe Ill try my brother's since he bought a pair too.