cpu's,gpu's, all computer parts

cakez

Hey guys, this is sort of a nobby question but what makes a good computer part. Please tell me what it is for each different part and what it is thx.

After being on the market for awhile, the part is tested and proven to work well compared to similar parts. These are generally made be companies known for good parts (but not always), and many have good warranties (but not always). 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Hey guys, this is sort of a nobby question but what makes a good computer part. Please tell me what it is for each different part and what it is thx.

Uhm.

what?

well, there is no single "best" part.

but generally, avoid parts built out of bad components (bad caps in a power supply for example), and avoid parts that claim to do something impossible. (1200Mbps powerline adapters)

what are you trying to get at?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

well, there is no single "best" part.

but generally, avoid parts built out of bad components (bad caps in a power supply for example), and avoid parts that claim to do something impossible. (1200Mbps powerline adapters)

I'm asking what things do good parts have to make it good,I'm not asking what parts are good

I'm asking what things do good parts have to make it good,I'm not asking what parts are good

well.. honestly.. what's "good" depends on your own definition. any part that wont create a house fire, and does what's on the box is a "good" part.

but i wouldnt recommend a psu without 80+ rating.

neither would i recommend a motherboard with a crappy looking pcb.

what, in my opinion, is a good part, is one that does not senselessly waste power (power supplies without 80+ rating)

a part that is not unnecessary loud (stock amd coolers anyone? xD)

no overkill flair that does not do anything functional (an illuminated seperation line between main mobo and the part seperated for audio is useless, and just one more way to ruin color schemes)

a part that has room for upgrading (2 dimm motherboards are an emergency solution for me)

and some othern things.

CPU - Depends

GPU- Depends

MOBO- Depends

RAM- Depends

HDD- Depends

SSD- Depends

PSU- At least 80+ Bronze...

Gaming/Editing Rig: CPU - i7 4790K|GPU - GTX 970 SSC|RAM - 16GB HyperX Fury|MOBO - Z97S SLI KRAIT|HDD - 1TB Western Digital|SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB|PSU - SuperNOVA G2 650W

Check out my YouTube channel and maybe subscribe if you get the time? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkGuHFjcWH73lT8RqLK9TA

Check out my digital store for cool products! https://sellfy.com/Zolias

well.. honestly.. what's "good" depends on your own definition. any part that wont create a house fire, and does what's on the box is a "good" part.

but i wouldnt recommend a psu without 80+ rating.

neither would i recommend a motherboard with a crappy looking pcb.

what, in my opinion, is a good part, is one that does not senselessly waste power (power supplies without 80+ rating)

a part that is not unnecessary loud (stock amd coolers anyone? xD)

no overkill flair that does not do anything functional (an illuminated seperation line between main mobo and the part seperated for audio is useless, and just one more way to ruin color schemes)

a part that has room for upgrading (2 dimm motherboards are an emergency solution for me)

and some othern things.

thats really helpful but I'm asking for technical definition.So for example odes more cache make a better cpu?

thats really helpful but I'm asking for technical definition.So for example odes more cache make a better cpu?

thats why i said "there is no best part"

because in one scenario a cpu with more cache may perform better, but in an other scenario a cpu that instead of getting more cache used that space for a better floating point unit may do better.

as much as people like to compare numbers, thats not how it works anymore today.

thats why i said "there is no best part"

because in one scenario a cpu with more cache may perform better, but in an other scenario a cpu that instead of getting more cache used that space for a better floating point unit may do better.

as much as people like to compare numbers, thats not how it works anymore today.

a thx,if you have the time and patience can you maybe try to tell what the things is good for, for example what is cache good for.If possible could you do that for all components

MOAR Mhz!!

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

If you think just manufacturers, look for known and reliable. Reviews are good resource when finding out if brand is to be trusted. Also price doesn't mean same as quality.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

CPU - Depends

GPU- Depends

MOBO- Depends

RAM- Depends

HDD- Depends

SSD- Depends

PSU- At least 80+ Bronze...

thx, but can you tell me what depends on what?

None of the parts are important. It's all a scam! Don't buy any parts then you have a pretty cool system.

CPU = Depends on use case and budget.

GPU = Same as above

Mobo = Same as above, color scheme

RAM = Same as above

HDD = Depends mostly on use case.

SSD = Same as above

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What kind of rig you want  :lol:

Gaming/Editing Rig: CPU - i7 4790K|GPU - GTX 970 SSC|RAM - 16GB HyperX Fury|MOBO - Z97S SLI KRAIT|HDD - 1TB Western Digital|SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB|PSU - SuperNOVA G2 650W

Check out my YouTube channel and maybe subscribe if you get the time? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkGuHFjcWH73lT8RqLK9TA

What kind of rig you want   :lol:

IF possible can you tell me whats good for different rigs

IF possible can you tell me whats good for different rigs

There are millions of rig choices for certain things, such as: Gaming, Editing, Gaming & Editing, 4K, Bitcoin, F@H, Servers and much more. You would just have to pick which one suits your needs the most, watch a few YouTube videos on rigs. Channels that I would recommend you watch to start understanding what rig suits you are: LinusTechTips, JayzTwoCents, Austin Evans, Frankieonpcin1080p, CultOfMush, jackfrags and TechSource. GL HF :)

There are millions of rig choices for certain things, such as: Gaming, Editing, Gaming & Editing, 4K, Bitcoin, F@H, Servers and much more. You would just have to pick which one suits your needs the most, watch a few YouTube videos on rigs. Channels that I would recommend you watch to start understanding what rig suits you are: LinusTechTips, JayzTwoCents, Austin Evans, Frankieonpcin1080p, CultOfMush, jackfrags and TechSource. GL HF :)

here can you tell me what's good for a gaming rig and what's good for an editing rig plz :D

here can you tell me what's good for a gaming rig and what's good for an editing rig plz :D

Honestly, do your own research. You would end up with a much better Rig then what I could recommend, research around your price limit and just search something like: 'Your Budget' Gaming & Editing Rig. I really can't help you here...