Sony a7S ii Camera Review

Background music song? Also, an amazing video Brandon, I could see the passion you put into this video.

Edit: Also, That was one excited Luke screaming at the end of the sponsor spot (won't spoil what it was ;))

Hiya :)

Feel free to quote me in a reply so I can see your reply :)

I really enjoyed watching this review, I like Brandon's approach and found the video extremely informative. Keep up the great work :)

Yay camera reviews :D finally something I can really enjoy 

The A7Sii is a cracking piece of kit, but for me I think the Rii makes more sense for me

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yay camera reviews :D finally something I can really enjoy 

The A7Sii is a cracking piece of kit, but for me I think the Rii makes more sense for me

The RII is a photo first video second while the SII is a video first photo second camera, that's how I see it.

But if I wanted to read or watch a review on cameras, I'll go somewhere else.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

The RII is a photo first video second while the SII is a video first photo second camera, that's how I see it.

But if I wanted to read or watch a review on cameras, I'll go somewhere else.

Yes pretty much, but if somebody can only afford one camera, then for me (and for my needs) the A7Rii suits me better, since the 4k overheating would not be an issue for me, and its an insanely good stills camera - which I also need

if I had the money of course, I would get both, or id get the Rii and an FS5 or canon C500 or something but that is just 100% not possible for me at the moment

I dont know any other camera on the market,  that can take as good photo and video as the A7Rii, - maybe a D810/D750 or 5Dmk3 -  each have a big list of pros and cons, but Ive fallen in love with EVFs and the small size of the A7, since I have tiny hands

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Background music song? Also, an amazing video Brandon, I could see the passion you put into this video.

Edit: Also, That was one excited Luke screaming at the end of the sponsor spot (won't spoil what it was ;))

This was surprisingly difficult to find: "Hey Hey Hey" by Joseph Gileadi. The album is "NSPS198 Neon Youth - Indie Electronic" (very odd album name, if you ask me).

The artist doesn't seem to have a Youtube page, or a SoundCloud, or anything. Very obscure; I wonder how they found this song. 

It's the first track on the following link:

http://www.milesofmusik.com/music-tracks/364792-5/719998-1

This was surprisingly difficult to find: "Hey Hey Hey" by Joseph Gileadi. The album is "NSPS198 Neon Youth - Indie Electronic" (very odd album name, if you ask me).

The artist doesn't seem to have a Youtube page, or a SoundCloud, or anything. Very obscure; I wonder how they found this song. 

It's the first track on the following link:

http://www.milesofmusik.com/music-tracks/364792-5/719998-1

Hiya :)

Feel free to quote me in a reply so I can see your reply :)

Awesome video, Brandon. You should do a showdown between differently priced bodies, in like the $400/$600/$800 Etc price range, and see how they all compare!

7 days ago

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

snip

I'm just stating that I think this is the way Sony designed these two cameras.  From an exterior view, the two bodies are identical.  Their price is very close.  Their biggest difference is the sensor.  Each camera is targeting someone with a different priority.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I'm just stating that I think this is the way Sony designed these two cameras.  From an exterior view, the two bodies are identical.  Their price is very close.  Their biggest difference is the sensor.  Each camera is targeting someone with a different priority.

you are 100% right, the R2 is for stills, the S2 is for video and low light abilities 

Yay,finally some video about cameras from LTT!

Brandon should start As Fast As Possible about cameras and definetly do more camera reviews. :)

aww yes! camera reviews on LTT, the time to shine upon us has been revealed.

The time of clean high ISO's, fantstically balanced diafragma and shuitter speeds along with 0 fucks given to the rule of thirds, this is our time to trigger our external flash module's and shine, very clear and bright for a short time to counter overexposure.

Great Job Brandon, keep going this way and you might be more popular then Linus!

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

BUILD IT BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Also Brandon great job for a first review video.

Cross between wanting one and wanting to avoid one.  lol

I'm still looking for that camera that offers everything in the same package and offers it well

Great Job! Not only on the content of the review but the reviewer! 

I concur with previous comments of have more Brandon!

I would love to see more camera reviews, especially in the non-pro sub 1000USD category. 

Brandon was just great and I hope to see him more as well, even in non-camera videos. 

I don't care whether or not he knows other tech well, shove some reading material down his throat and make him learn it.

He's a great host and I enjoy the variety. And I don't think I'm the only one, looking at the youtube comments and the like ratio 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Awesome video Brandon! I especially liked the part where you talked about slo motion capabilities. It seems like that often gets skipped over but I like to see more of that because most of my shooting is of motocross or snowmobiling.  Keep the camera reviews coming and maybe delve into cameras that you might recommend for action sports shooting!