1080p vs 4K?

Arwanell

are you sure? because that sounds amazing

anyway, i'll get 4k

next xmas I'm buying either another 390 or FuryX2(or something like that for 700-800€)

I'm not making guarantees but usually AA off will take you from like 28 to 38 if its MSAA

Actually I feel I should make some amendments to this, the benchmarks I was looking at I assumed they were 4x AA when in fact they were no AA already

Sorry

Like some 2015 games will give you trouble but for the most part max , with say 1 or two things down will give it 40-60 even in stuff like gta

Even if you can't play at 4k is still giving you the option to upgrade later

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

are you sure? because that sounds amazing

anyway, i'll get 4k

next xmas I'm buying either another 390 or FuryX2(or something like that for 700-800€)

4k brings a 980Ti and TitanX down on its knees in Games like Crysis3 or GTA5. Not worth the 4K Resolution. Not one bit.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

4k brings a 980Ti and TitanX down on its knees in Games like Crysis3 or GTA5. Not worth the 4K Resolution. Not one bit.

down on its knees? i think your system isn't running correctly. overheating/drivers?

down on its knees? i think your system isn't running correctly. overheating/drivers?

I use 1440p Display. Try do get 80fps in Crysis3 with 4k ultra. Not a chance.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I use 1440p Display. Try do get 80fps in Crysis3 with 4k ultra. Not a chance.

80? odd number

i will test that game if i find a good torrent

80? odd number

i will test that game if i find a good torrent

Or you, i dont know, just buy it?  <_<

What ever, 30 frames is the maximum you will get.

I agree with 1440p resolution, running high settings in my case, it seems to be a nice mix of performance and visuals, getting 40-60fps with AAA games it fine with me in that resolution.

Although all graphics in ultra settings looks great in 1080p, 1440p with slightly lower graphic settings just seems a much better gaming experience in my opinion :)

One thing you can do is simulate the performance impact and somewhat the visual fidelity increase on your existing 1080p screen! If you use DSR you can set the potential resolution to 200% and that will give you a resolution option for 2160p aka 4k. Now the card will be doing a little bit of extra work to downscale to 1080p but its not going to be significant enough to invalidate the performance levels you see. So it will give you a good idea of what settings you can run.

The second thing it will give you is a significantly better antialiasing. SSAA is the best type of antialiasing there is, it doesn't suffer from the MSAA issue where post process effects are AAed and it doesn't introduce a tonne of blur like FXAA/SMAA would, its effectively the perfect antialiasing except for the simple fact its mighty expensive, but in your case you want to render at 4k to see if its worth it to you. Of course your screen can't actually show you 4k but it'll give you some of the visual improvement just not all of it. You will find with 4k you will want to turn down your AA settings in game from your usual just because its so much sharper, so bare that in mind when running with DSR that turning AA off or just MSAA2x is representative of how you are likely to run it.

4K, you can still play at 1080p if you want, and you can upgrade your videocard in the future so yeah.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

4K, you can still play at 1080p if you want, and you can upgrade your videocard in the future so yeah.

1080p on a 4K Screen look like shit.

Or you, i dont know, just buy it?  <_<

What ever, 30 frames is the maximum you will get.

played a few minutes everything at max except anti-aliasing, fps was hovering around 35. everything at low except textures at max the fps was 70-80. I wonder what's your definition of getting "down on its knees". you can easily play that game if you don't need absolutely max settings

also why in the name of fuck would i buy a shit game from EA just because i want to see the performance? are you dumb

played a few minutes everything at max except anti-aliasing, fps was hovering around 35. everything at low except textures at max the fps was 70-80. I wonder what's your definition of getting "down on its knees". you can easily play that game if you don't need absolutely max settings

also why in the name of fuck would i buy a shit game from EA just because i want to see the performance? are you dumb

Oh yes, i realy want play Games on low settings...gosh  :rolleyes:

1080p on a 4K Screen look like shit.

How it may look is irrelevant, is better to have the option (4K) and not need it, than need it and not have it.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

How it may look is irrelevant, is better to have the option (4K) and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Rofl... :rolleyes:

1080p

All 4K really does for gaming is make distance objects more visible and "on point" to the gamer, really not worth it when playing on low settings. Unless you got 2 Titans then I wouldn't suggest 4K yet for stable gaming.

Might add this later...

I definitely vote 4k. With 2 780ti's I can pull off high settings in most games with no AA for around 40-60fps. Gsync makes the experience good enough for now until better video cards come along.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

The 390 Isnt going to push 4K. Even on low (EVERYTHING LOW) youre lucky to push 30-ish FPS, so no. (maybe there are some older games you will be able to push 4K w/ playable framerates.

I'm thinking of buying a 4k screen, but i only have R9 390, so it won't be really strong for it

so now I'm asking you, which is better, nicer...(gaming)

1080p High/Ultra

or

4K low/medium ?

1080p or 1440p

4k is a waste if you have to play at medium settings just to get 60fps

i play at 4k Medium-High combo with a 290 But newest titles are starting to have to be played at medium and anything not brand new running at least high. Battlefront runs very well at very high 4k This LOOKS Greatly better then 1080p Very high/ultra  yeah some shadows or a few things are turned down but the overall clarity and feel while playing the game looks much nicer.

Though 1440p is a nice middle ground and 1440p high even on my 4k moinitor looks way Better the 1080p Ultra by a decent amount and with 1440p you wouldn't be settling for medium except for maybe some of these terrible ports coming out. 

The 390 Isnt going to push 4K. Even on low (EVERYTHING LOW) youre lucky to push 30-ish FPS, so no. (maybe there are some older games you will be able to push 4K w/ playable framerates.

UH No almost every game at Low 4k will run at 60FPS i Play dying light high textures and a mix of medium- high and stay around 60FPS average on a 290 4gb.  Fallout was the only game so far ive played where the Dips at 4k Medium & High mixture would be annoying but it seemed more an optimization problem of the game not sure if the patches have fixed this yet either

Get the 4k monitor and try it for yourself

I'd rather play at 4k medium high, no AA than 1080p ultra

AA off 390 can play almost anything maxed at 4k

Every other person States you need dual 980tis/titans and then you Understate the power needed. Nothing against you but everyone seems to be so Missinformed i guess from maybe not so much first hand use of trying to actually play through a game at 4k.  But its somewhere in the middle  Yes games are very playable at higher then low settings at 4k with a 390 and no you cant max settings either its a pretty good medium-high settings on most games when aiming for 60FPS. and Yes AA should be off with 4k on as thats sort of the point of 4k any benchs with it are far off from real world experiences since that taxing addition proves very little benefits  

EDIT: Noticed you actually Fixed most of what you noted but you wont get most settings on max for most games in 2015 a few steps down but your WAY closer to reality then most people on this post saying a single 980TI cant even play 4k when it can play 4k high/very high 60fps which looks way better then 1080p Ultra. 

UH No almost every game at Low 4k will run at 60FPS i Play dying light high textures and a mix of medium- high and stay around 60FPS average on a 290 4gb.  Fallout was the only game so far ive played where the Dips at 4k Medium & High mixture would be annoying but it seemed more an optimization problem of the game not sure if the patches have fixed this yet either

Lies...

Lies...

you stated your lucky to play 4k low at 30fps then send me a video of high/very high with AA at 25-45FPS with new games. As stated Turning the settings into a mix of medium and high with no AA will net you 60FPS average  This will be excluding some of the notoriously hard to run games obviously but the majority of games this is true 

you stated your lucky to play 4k low at 30fps then send me a video of high/very high with AA at 25-45FPS with new games. As stated Turning the settings into a mix of medium and high with no AA will net you 60FPS average  This will be excluding some of the notoriously hard to run games obviously but the majority of games this is true 

Here high Is pushing 20FPS, and you say that turnig down some settings to medium will give you an exta 40FPS average? Bullshit.

im on 4k with a fury X on a 43" korean monitor with freesync i hit my freesync range in every AAA game ive tried with ultra an no AA. It makes 1080 look washed out and muddy. The first time ive had a wow moment graphically since playing my first round of mario kart on n64, battlefront while hideously average LOOKS just breath taking Frostbite sings at 4k.

I have owned a predator 2k ultrawide panel and the 4k 43" panel makes the predator looks like dirt ( which they basically are )

HOWEVER 4k on anything smaller then 40 is dumb, for screens smaller then 40 you might aswell stick to 2k. 4k on 28" monitor ?? i dont understand this at all unless you have the monitor sticky taped to your face.

Here high Is pushing 20FPS, and you say that turnig down some settings to medium will give you an exta 40FPS average? Bullshit.

did you watch the video you posted or only the first 15 seconds? The witcher 3 averaged high 20s and Assains was dreadly low but neither are partically great at running well. shadow or moridor, Far cray 4 Was high 40s and even some times into 50s with Very high and AA. But just turning off AA on a 4k Settings is a big jump in FPS and then additionally lowering the settings will help also AA is not very beneficial at 4k and is Very Taxing. you have a 970 go use DSR Low settings no AA and let me know if you dont get somewhere around 60FPS actually get some first hand experience  and remember that the 390 at 4k is 15-20% faster in most of the benches you showed so if you get around 50fps the 390 would be around 60