1080p vs 4K?

Arwanell

did you watch the video you posted or only the first 15 seconds? The witcher 3 averaged high 20s and Assains was dreadly low but neither are partically great at running well. shadow or moridor, Far cray 4 Was high 40s and even some times into 50s with Very high and AA. But just turning off AA on a 4k Settings is a big jump in FPS and then additionally lowering the settings will help also AA is not very beneficial at 4k and is Very Taxing. you have a 970 go use DSR Low settings no AA and let me know if you dont get somewhere around 60FPS actually get some first hand experience  and remember that the 390 at 4k is 15-20% faster in most of the benches you showed so if you get around 50fps the 390 would be around 60

390 Is 15% faster than the 970? No :P Its around 5%. Also, FC4 Is an old game and not very demanding...

i play at 4k Medium-High combo with a 290 But newest titles are starting to have to be played at medium and anything not brand new running at least high. Battlefront runs very well at very high 4k This LOOKS Greatly better then 1080p Very high/ultra  yeah some shadows or a few things are turned down but the overall clarity and feel while playing the game looks much nicer.

Though 1440p is a nice middle ground and 1440p high even on my 4k moinitor looks way Better the 1080p Ultra by a decent amount and with 1440p you wouldn't be settling for medium except for maybe some of these terrible ports coming out. 

nice to hear

thats what i intend to do, run new games at 1440p

im on 4k with a fury X on a 43" korean monitor with freesync i hit my freesync range in every AAA game ive tried with ultra an no AA. It makes 1080 look washed out and muddy. The first time ive had a wow moment graphically since playing my first round of mario kart on n64, battlefront while hideously average LOOKS just breath taking Frostbite sings at 4k.

I have owned a predator 2k ultrawide panel and the 4k 43" panel makes the predator looks like dirt ( which they basically are )

HOWEVER 4k on anything smaller then 40 is dumb, for screens smaller then 40 you might aswell stick to 2k. 4k on 28" monitor ?? i dont understand this at all unless you have the monitor sticky taped to your face.

i'm looking at 43''

390 Is 15% faster than the 970? No :P Its around 5%. Also, FC4 Is an old game and not very demanding...

In the bench you referenced almost the entire time it is when the witcher is at 28fps the 970 is around 24 which is about a 15% difference and seems to be consistant in most of the titles shown  Shadow of mordor average was 46.6 vs 41 which is about 14% 

In the bench you referenced almost the entire time it is when the witcher is at 28fps the 970 is around 24 which is about a 15% difference and seems to be consistant in most of the titles shown  Shadow of mordor average was 46.6 vs 41 which is about 14% 

I assume you failed at math?

I'm thinking of buying a 4k screen, but i only have R9 390, so it won't be really strong for it

so now I'm asking you, which is better, nicer...(gaming)

1080p High/Ultra

or

4K low/medium ?

Definetly 1080 at Ultra. I recommend buying an ultrawide and playing on that if you want a bigger screen with more resolution. It gives you alot more space and makes the games feel alot bigger but it isn't as taxing as a 4k

Intel i5 4760k - Gigabyte GTX 970 - Samsung EVO SSD

Moto 360 2 Smartwatch - Macbook Air 13 Inch - Samsung Galaxy Note Edge - Senheiser Momentum Heaphones

I recommend a 4k screen. Really. Gta V at 4k is so pretty... It looks amazing. I got a 1440p and regret not getting a 4k one. Sure you need yo lower some settings but damn the game looks amazing...

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

I recommend a 4k screen. Really. Gta V at 4k is so pretty... It looks amazing. I got a 1440p and regret not getting a 4k one. Sure you need yo lower some settings but damn the game looks amazing...

i'll have to deal with my 390 till next xmas...

then i will buy something for 700-800€ (like a 980ti now, but in 1 year, 800€ will bring a lot more) :)

If your going to get a decent expencive gpu next year, just save your cash, 4k will be cheaper by then. 

Intel i5 4670k @4.5 | 16GB Patiot Viper Xtreme | Corsair H100i | MSI Z87 GD65 | Crossfire x2 Asus 7950 Direct CUII

250GB OCZ SSD | LG Bluray RW Drive | 750Watt PSU | Corsair 450D | Corsair K50 | Corsair M40

4K is sharp as... But the GPU needed for higher details (High-Ultra) if people are anal for that... or the fact you may need to lower details anyway to get the FPS thats ideal for you preferences,... kinda ruins the feeling.

With a single 290/390 series GPU....IMO,... Aim for 1440p (Sharper than 1080p, looks epic in comparison to 1080p like 4K would,..., performance is still good on Medium-Highend GPU's.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz