Ekwb Predator Leaked!

While playing WOW I happened to look over and see a Shiney spot on my mounting bracket. So I pull power and got super lucky that when I say leak it was more of a seep from the block. Now I could probably get out an allen wrench and tightening the block but think I will just send it back to the seller/amazon where I got it. If you look at the pictures they are dark I will take more tomorrow. Look close to the mounting bolt it's the Shiney spot.

post-191431-0-95992000-1449808173_thumb.

post-191431-0-39430000-1449808196_thumb.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

i dont see anything...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

While playing WOW I happened to look over and see a Shiney spot on my mounting bracket. So I pull power and got super lucky that when I say leak it was more of a seep from the block. Now I could probably get out an allen wrench and tightening the block but think I will just send it back to the seller/amazon where I got it. If you look at the pictures they are dark I will take more tomorrow. Look close to the mounting bolt it's the Shiney spot.

Male sure the fittings are all tight, in all honesty I don't see any fluid though.

Male sure the fittings are all tight, in all honesty I don't see any fluid though.

It's the Shiney spot next to the bolt. I'll take better pics tomorrow with better light. Its not the hoses it's the block seal.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

i dont see anything...

Look at the black bracket the bolt goes through. You can see the light reflection. It didn't seep alot looks like I caught it before it blew. I did hear a noise either a pop or something it was faint before the power drained. Hope it didn't smoke my Sabertooth.

must be a bad month for all in ones. the hoses on my h90 have been getting lots of small dry rot cracks and have been slowly oozing micro droplets for most of the summer. recently pulled it to keep a big problem from happening. hopefully the barbs are aluminum and not plastic. will help decide on using reinforced gas line vs some kind of mediocre crap like originally used.

must be a bad month for all in ones. the hoses on my h90 have been getting lots of small dry rot cracks and have been slowly oozing micro droplets for most of the summer. recently pulled it to keep a big problem from happening. hopefully the barbs are aluminum and not plastic. will help decide on using reinforced gas line vs some kind of mediocre crap like originally used.

Yeah I can't believe where this one is leaking. Its where the copper plate bolts to the acrylic.

Yeah I can't believe where this one is leaking. Its where the copper plate bolts to the acrylic.

Oh are you talking about the copper contact plate that makes contact to the CPU, if that's the case it sounds like an issue with the rubber oring seal, if it was a fitting that would be easy enough to remedy. Maybe @EK Luc can give you a hand with this.

Yeah but I don't want to void any warranty by tryin to get it to seal.

a slight turn of a screw or an allen bolt might do the trick.

Oh are you talking about the copper contact plate that makes contact to the CPU, if that's the case it sounds like an issue with the rubber oring seal, if it was a fitting that would be easy enough to remedy. Maybe @EK Luc can give you a hand with this.

who's going to know you tightened the screws a little?

It could scar the bolt head. That's what you have to watch out for. If they see that game over. Wish all companies looked at it like Evga.

Here is the Predator running outside the case. You can see some leftover coolant around the bolt where the flashlight is pointing. Been trying to get it to leak but I don't have any heat on the block. Thinking that when it heats up it loses its seal.

post-191431-0-38927400-1449843290_thumb.

It's weird that the water drop appear at the screw point and that we don't see any water trail from the block....

You won't void your warranty by double-checking that the block screws are tight.  Even if you were to completely open your CPU block for maintenance or o-ring replacement, you wouldn't lose your warranty.

It's weird that the water drop appear at the screw point and that we don't see any water trail from the block....

You won't void your warranty by double-checking that the block screws are tight.  Even if you were to completely open your CPU block for maintenance or o-ring replacement, you wouldn't lose your warranty.

So I still have a warranty on my GPU waterblock? Actually I am sure I do not anymore, I painted the side of the block :P But this is nice to see that the warranty stays if you have to take a block apart to clean it, etc.

So I still have a warranty on my GPU waterblock? Actually I am sure I do not anymore, I painted the side of the block :P But this is nice to see that the warranty stays if you have to take a block apart to clean it, etc.

If you wouldn't have painted it and that it's less than 2 years old, yes it would still have been under warranty.  ;)

If you wouldn't have painted it and that it's less than 2 years old, yes it would still have been under warranty.  ;)

I trust the manufacturing on this thing to last me longer than the card :D

I trust the manufacturing on this thing to last me longer than the card :D

Eh.....EK is average IMO (my opinion being the guy that's spent probably $8k on the cooling for my desktop alone).   Compare the mounting points of the Swiftech Titan X backplate to the EK one.  6 screws vs over 15 screws.  Also very unhappy their "gold" plating is almost certainly not 24K gold plate, making it useless except for aesthetics.

/tangent

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

That pic was taken after the unit had sat all night. I couldn't get the unit to drip again because I couldn't get it hot unless I put it back in my pc Which I cant bring myself to do. But it did start at the corner close to the spot you see. It was late when I took the original pics so I couldn't get a great one in the dark. Ive got yellowish bulbs to help my migraines so I have to wait until daytime for good light to take pics.

Well I got my comp back up and running. I went to Micro Center and bought a Hyper 212 Evo until my Noctua NH-D15S comes next week. Not sure how I am going to get this fixed waiting on the company I got it from to get back to me and waiting on a response from Igor at EKWB to.

Well the vendor that I got the 360 Predator from on Amazon is going to exchange the unit for me. Hope the next one works out better. Thinking about changing the block to a all copper Evo. what do you think?

Well the vendor that I got the 360 Predator from on Amazon is going to exchange the unit for me. Hope the next one works out better. Thinking about changing the block to a all copper Evo. what do you think?

The performance increase won't be that significant but if you prefer this block over the included MX, it's totally fine :)