My desktop PC only gets 60Mb. All other computers get 120Mb.

Zyre
Go to solution Solved by Zyre,

I solved it guys! We'll I didn't but a friend of mine did.

He told me to change the NIC to Full Duplex. It was set to auto negotiation but I set it on 1,0Gbps Full Duplex.

It didn't solve the issue trough. He then told me to grab the other ethernet cable again and do a speedtest again.

And solved! I got 120Mb down and 12Mb up!

I do want to thank everyone here for taking their time in helping me. I really appreciate it.

Greetings,

I've been having issues lately with download speed and can't find the cause. I'm out of ideas and just need some help.

We have 120Mb down and 12Mb up. 

On my own PC I'm only getting 60Mb and 12Mb up. When I connect my laptop straight onto the modem with a cable then I'll be getting 120Mb. 

My brother also gets 120Mb on his desktop PC.

My very own PC doesn't. It only gets 60Mb and nothing more. 

I tried a completely new internet cable and it didn't solve it. 

We also got a new modem from our ISP and even that didn't solve the issue.

The problem lies with my PC. Is my motherboard broken? I've been having a pretty shitty day because of this trying to solve it :(

Check your internet driver to make sure that it is not limiting your speed. If it is Qualcomm Killer Ethernet then you can open it up and just uncheck limit speeds.

What NIC do you have? And check the adapter settings

Apologies for not including those. I have a ASUS P8P67 REV 3.1 motherboard. 

what kind of ethernet jack do you use . Is it gigabit ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

what kind of ethernet jack do you use . Is it gigabit ?

Both internet cables that I used are gigabit. 

Do you have it plugged into a switch? Are you NIC drivers installed? Have you try changing ports on router and/or switch?

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Greetings,

I've been having issues lately with download speed and can't find the cause. I'm out of ideas and just need some help.

We have 120Mb down and 12Mb up. 

On my own PC I'm only getting 60Mb and 12Mb up. When I connect my laptop straight onto the modem with a cable then I'll be getting 120Mb. 

My brother also gets 120Mb on his desktop PC.

My very own PC doesn't. It only gets 60Mb and nothing more. 

I tried a completely new internet cable and it didn't solve it. 

We also got a new modem from our ISP and even that didn't solve the issue.

The problem lies with my PC. Is my motherboard broken? I've been having a pretty shitty day because of this trying to solve it :(

are you on wired?

i also have 120/12 (from ziggo, probably just like you) and i always get 90/12 (wired)?

but on my laptop i get 20/12 most of the time but sometimes i get 116/12 :o

and btw: look in my sig for the dutch talk thread, that's where all the dutchies hang out ;)

Do you have it plugged into a switch? Are you NIC drivers installed? Have you try changing ports on router and/or switch?

I have tried all the ports on the router yes. I haven't downloaded the drivers for my NIC trough. The ones on ASUS are 2 years old and Windows 10 just downloaded them trough Windows Update.

I have a switch between our router and the computers. The thing trough. I pulled the switch out of the factor and still I got 60Mb and my brother 120Mb. The problem isn't the Switch.

are you on wired?

i also have 120/12 (from ziggo, probably just like you) and i always get 90/12 (wired)?

but on my laptop i get 20/12 most of the time but sometimes i get 116/12 :o

and btw: look in my sig for the dutch talk thread, that's where all the dutchies hang out ;)

Yes I'm wired!

I have tried all the ports on the router yes. I haven't downloaded the drivers for my NIC trough. The ones on ASUS are 2 years old and Windows 10 just downloaded them trough Windows Update.

I have a switch between our router and the computers. The thing trough. I pulled the switch out of the factor and still I got 60Mb and my brother 120Mb. The problem isn't the Switch.

Realtek has a Windows 10 driver for the NIC. http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Langid=1&Level=5&PFid=5&PNid=13

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

He told me to change the NIC to Full Duplex. It was set to auto negotiation but I set it on 1,0Gbps Full Duplex.

It didn't solve the issue trough. He then told me to grab the other ethernet cable again and do a speedtest again.

I do want to thank everyone here for taking their time in helping me. I really appreciate it.

He told me to change the NIC to Full Deplux. It was set to auto negotiation but I set it on 1,0Gbps Full Deplux.

Lol I said to check the adapter settings ;)

Lol I said to check the adapter settings ;)

My apologies Principis :(. Didn't know that you meant those adapter settings.

My apologies Principis :(. Didn't know that you meant those adapter settings.

I'm not mad :) and I only know 1 type of adapter settings lol