Losing space randomly on my SSD.

Noirgheos

My SSD is jumping between 149GB free, 156, 151, 155, etc. Can anyone tell me whats going on?

Its a Crucial M500. Crystal Disk is saying it's fine.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Get space sniffer, should help you figure out what's eating up the space.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Sounds like either someone else is playing with your computer (which i would recommend a wipe of the computer and reinstall with better passwords, including reseting the PW and admin on the router) or something on your computer is updating, than after its done removes the stuff it didnt need.

Sounds like either someone else is playing with your computer (which i would recommend a wipe of the computer and reinstall with better passwords, including reseting the PW and admin on the router) or something on your computer is updating, than after its done removes the stuff it didnt need.

Well its not spontaneous. It happens once every hour or so.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Well its not spontaneous. It happens once every hour or so.

Track your files and see whats the latest update or change. What programs do you have, there are a few factors. At worst you may just have to clean install as it could be something malicous.

Track your files and see whats the latest update or change. What programs do you have, there are a few factors. At worst you may just have to clean install as it could be something malicous.

Would I track them manually? Its been sitting at 152 for a while now.

Yeah so check to see if files are changing, also check your temp folder to see if theres another suspicious there

Well its back to 159. But Steam completely locked up and half my programs wouldn't close due to lack of memory and I had to end the tasks. Will a Windows reset(not re install) boot this guy who is fucking with me? Or fix the issue whatever it may be.