Criticisms and Improvements

Hey Guys,

I have decided to make a youtube channel and I just wanted some feedback from you guys regarding my logo.

post-239640-0-09526300-1449331406_thumb.

Please don't tell me it's copied because it's not.

Edited by Godlygamer23
YouTube link removed.

looks nice, might wanna remove the link since advertising is against coc but i dont really think your advertising but some people can be really picking

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Is the colour inside the 'eye' of the P R and O meant to be a different shade of grey ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Is the colour inside the 'eye' of the P R and O meant to be a different shade of grey ?

that my friend i would bet being an optical illusion. 

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

So are we supposed to look at just your logo?  Come back when you have some actual content.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

So are we supposed to look at just your logo?  Come back when you have some actual content.

thats generally how you give someone criticism, gee i bet you can count aswell

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Logos are super important though.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Rorgash, on 05 Dec 2015 - 4:14 PM, said:Rorgash, on 05 Dec 2015 - 4:14 PM, said:Rorgash, on 05 Dec 2015 - 4:14 PM, said:

that my friend i would bet being an optical illusion. 

No, I wouldn't be surprised if som1 missed it specially if they designed it on a LCD display.

I run a Plasma so its easy to see differences in colour that would be missed on a LCD.

Zoom in and it removes optical illusions.

I guess it 'could' be my end, my plasma is getting old, though i would expect to see it within the C also if that's the case. but I would check it on what ever program u used to make, check the color codes.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Sorry your correct guys, but thanks for the feedback. I will start uploading after Christmas but I need to sort out the entire channel first.

Thanks

thats generally how you give someone criticism, gee i bet you can count aswell

Logos are super important though.

Criticism for what?  A logo is just a cover, the content is more important.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

No, I wouldn't be surprised if som1 missed it specially if they designed it on a LCD display.

I run a Plasma so its easy to see differences in colour that would be missed on a LCD.

Zoom in and it removes optical illusions.

i just did that and since i did a color vision test not long ago and i know its atleast 98% accurate, and i know my monitor is very well set as it is(not perfect ofcourse) but zooming in and it turns into the same grey for me, lots of pixilation tho from the compression.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

This is like an author asking for opinions on what we think about a title he came up for a book, without any of the actual words that are going to be inside the book.

Author:  "Guys, what do you think about this, 'Lamest Book Ever'? It's what I am going to call the book I haven't written yet."

@SolarNova @Rorgash

The background

TGCpETu.png

The center of the P

awunCwG.png

The center of the R

igUBjd0.png

The center of the O

4vGthRD.png

Although the interiors are indeed lighter than the background, also note that there is a lighter gray/red-tinted ring where the red from the letter meets the grey of the interior due to compression. In my opinion, this contributes to a slight optical illusion: this ring of lighter gray helps leave an impression that the entire interior is lighter. 

I think the logo looks great. The colors are earthy, and the text is attractive for its universal/businesslike/professional font. However, you might have to end up trimming the background, and I think you should reduce the spacing between the words by just a tad.

EDIT: Corrected the images. I originally accidentally used the same image for all of them.

Edited by Raymondbl