Is 550w GOLD enough for R9 390?

hrpero32

My specs : i7 4790k (4.6Ghz, 1.250v) 8gb ram, 1x HDD 7200RPM ), Asus z97-p and Seasonic G 550w Gold. I want to buy Gigabyte R9 390 and i am not sure if everything will run fine cause Gigabytes page says i need 600w psu. What do you think? Thanks!!

400w is enough

but dont get the Gigabyte card

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

400w is enough

but dont get the Gigabyte card

Reasons or just gonna say it?

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Reasons or just gonna say it?

Voltage locked

Customer support

Coil whine

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I have run a 3570K @4.5 r9 290 and 32GB of ram +SSD & HDD on a 550W. If its a solid supply It should be fine but if your buying the psu now I would upsize a touch for the breathing room.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Sapphire, MSI, XFX, (Powercoler,sometimes) are teh way to go for AMD

From what I can tell just MSI and XFX

sapphire is lord of amd coolers ;)

But not customer support (im salty)

But not customer support (im salty)

My 290 died, so far it's been painless dealing with customer support. BUT, I don't have a replacement yet so time will tell.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

My 290 died, so far it's been painless dealing with customer support. BUT, I don't have a replacement yet so time will tell.

whhaaatt when did this happen

(also try calling the canadian support line)

whhaaatt when did this happen

(also try calling the canadian support line)

Couple days ago, memory failed. Took 15min with customer support to get a RMA and I'm still in the 48hrs for a RMA number but that's what I'm waiting on. I think they're seeing if NewEgg will just switch it out for me. After my Month long ordeal with Gigabyte to get to this point it's been nice to at least get fast responses. They didn't even argue with me like Gigabyte.

Couple days ago, memory failed. Took 15min with customer support to get a RMA and I'm still in the 48hrs for a RMA number but that's what I'm waiting on. I think they're seeing if NewEgg will just switch it out for me. After my Month long ordeal with Gigabyte to get to this point it's been nice to at least get fast responses. They didn't even argue with me like Gigabyte.

Man. For me they wouldnt pick up the phone..

Man. For me they wouldnt pick up the phone..

I went through the online messenger, didn't even thing to try and find a number to call. :lol: Spoiled by email.

390 is a great GPU OP, but I still haven't figured out if my 290 was better in game, or if the 390 suffers from less effective drivers. Was trying to figure that out when my 290 died. So don't ignore any deals on the 290x that can usually be had for the same price as a 390.

I went through the online messenger, didn't even thing to try and find a number to call. :lol: Spoiled by email.

390 is a great GPU OP, but I still haven't figured out if my 290 was better in game, or if the 390 suffers from less effective drivers. Was trying to figure that out when my 290 died. So don't ignore any deals on the 290x that can usually be had for the same price as a 390.

Question did you pay for shipping?

Question did you pay for shipping?

Don't know yet. If NewEgg covers it nothing as I'm a premium member. If I have to ship it to Sapphire if it's the Cali office I'm in luck as I live in Vegas. Won't know until they're done dealing with NewEgg.