How to OC AMD 290? On Radeon settings?

Andrew657

here we have linus's OC master sheet: Looking at R9 290 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmLKAgEko3SAdHFtby1jNTFvaTF2UHhaMzdMQ0FNM2c&usp=sharing#gid=0
shows: Power  limit 25 + VDDC Offset = 200 
Core clock 1090
Memory Clock 1350
Fan Speed 75
temps 95

On the AMD Radeon settings I can change :
GPU Clock (in %) 
Power limit (-50% - +50%)
Memory Clock 150 - 2000
Target GPU Temp: 45-95
Target fan speed 20%-100% 

Where do I put Linus's over clock specs? 

sorry I'm new to Over Clocking 

here we have linus's OC master sheet: Looking at R9 290 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmLKAgEko3SAdHFtby1jNTFvaTF2UHhaMzdMQ0FNM2c&usp=sharing#gid=0

shows: Power  limit 25 + VDDC Offset = 200 

Core clock 1090

Memory Clock 1350

Fan Speed 75

temps 95

On the AMD Radeon settings I can change :

GPU Clock (in %) 

Power limit (-50% - +50%)

Memory Clock 150 - 2000

Target GPU Temp: 45-95

Target fan speed 20%-100% 

Where do I put Linus's over clock specs? 

sorry I'm new to Over Clocking 

Don't be sorry, we are glad to help!

Use another tool like GPU Tweak by ASUS or MSI Afterburner like @Mug suggested.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

MSI afterburner.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Which 290 do you have? AMD made the chip, not the card. If you want the best performance it's usually best to use the overclocking software from the manufacturer of the card. Sapphire=Trixx, MSI=Afterburner, ETC.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I was kind of wondering the same thing for my 390. I was trying to avoid 3rd party because it's just one more thing to load and overlap with software that's already there and should be able to accomplish the same thing, just like having multiple anti viruse etc. I never did it because I'm not too sure how the fan works, that's the only thing I see and advantage of with the 3rd parties is the ability to custom step the fan profile.

In overdrive I would think the setting you would use is +25 power limit (not sure the volt offset and don't really think you need to boost Volta for a 1090 clock but maybe).

Not for your clock and mem all you have to do is take your base speed, let's use 1050 as an example and then know what the % needed to hit 1090 so roughly 4%. Same technique for the memory.

Only thing I don't like is the fan is either auto (but no way of knowing what auto means in terms of profile rpm vs temp) or you set a manual speed.

If overdrive allowed fan speed controls it would be the best driver package ever.