So, low budget screens for a high quality computer?

Go to solution Solved by vanished,

The best you can get right now is advertised on this site.  165 Hz, so 165 fps can be shown.  More top end gaming monitors are 144 Hz or 120 Hz.  I don't think you can even get one under 60 hz so don't worry about that.  Regardless though you'll never see over 600 fps.  And yes that would be DDR3 memory with any board that supports a 4690k.  Any reason you haven't overclocked it yet?

My specs:

Nvidia GTX 750Ti (standard model with no 'if's 'and's or 'but's)

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50 GHz

16 GB of (i think) DDR3

Western Digital 1TB Black.

So yeah, in Minecraft, I average around 600 FPS with random spikes of 6000 FPS. I know for a fact that no monitors currently in existence can actually detect this, but I still want something that will give me more bang for my buck. I have a fairly low budget (what with the holidays, and all), and I need two monitors. Live streaming with one monitor is tough, so I have to get two. With the research I've done, I know I want at least 60Hz for the refresh rate. Resolution doesn't matter that much to me. It can be 4k for all I care, but I want a 16:9 ratio. All suggestions welcome as this n00b is willing to do more research with a little guidance.

(BTW, that picture is a screenshot I took of Overwolf while playing Minecraft.)post-290724-0-53542900-1449113208.png

A) Your computer isn't really high end. It's more middle tier.

B) You're FPS doesn't spike to 6k, and that 1.3k is also not accurate.

C) You definitely should do more research and care about resolution, 4k can go for ~1k, while 1080p can go for >$200.

What size do you want, what's you're budget, etc, etc.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

The best you can get right now is advertised on this site.  165 Hz, so 165 fps can be shown.  More top end gaming monitors are 144 Hz or 120 Hz.  I don't think you can even get one under 60 hz so don't worry about that.  Regardless though you'll never see over 600 fps.  And yes that would be DDR3 memory with any board that supports a 4690k.  Any reason you haven't overclocked it yet?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I might sound like a jerk for saying this but your system is low end. your CPU is excellent, but your GPU is shit compared to mid-tier cards like the 960 and 380.

Since you can easily get a 1080p 60hz ips monitor these days for about 100 bucks usd, I'd spring for one of those. You get great image quality, viewing angles, color, and decent input lag. Best of all, they're usually the same price or slightly more than the crummy tn ones. 

I hope you didn't pay too much for that prebuild.

unlikely a prebuilt came with a K series CPU don't you think?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

unlikely a prebuilt came with a K series CPU don't you think?

Do they not sell prebuilts with overclockable CPUs? I wouldn't know. Sorry.

Do they not sell prebuilts with overclockable CPUs? I wouldn't know. Sorry.

Perhaps but I don't think it's common.  It wouldn't really make sense, would it?  Anyone buying one isn't likely into that sort of thing or they wouldn't be buying one :)

To answer several people:

Statik: I most definitely have reached 6K, and if the 1.3K I have shown is not 'accurate', please do elaborate.

Laputacake: I am in the U.S.

Ryan_Vickers: You are so far the most helpful. I will look into monitors of 144Hz for starters. Thank you for the tips. Also, I'm tentative to overclock parts. The last time I had an overclocked part in a computer, I tested the temperature with an automatic shut-off feature that was on my motherboard. Within 5 minutes, the internal temperature of my computer rose to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. So... perhaps if I had better cooling.

Vozella: That monitor is very tempting. I think that will be a great one to consider. (And, yes, my PC is custom built.)