When can we expect the HBM2, mid tier cards

B3NJ4M1N

Hi guys, as the title says has there been any hints when to expect the 390 of the HBM2 cards to be available?

They start each new generation of cards with the elite card than slowly release the lower tier cards

My HD6950 is feeling just a bit out of place in my X99 based system, and if it's going to be more than 6mths wait, I'll look at getting a 380X or upcoming 960Ti (whens the Ti out? lol)

On that note LTT hurry up and release the Sapphire 380X review :wacko:

Along with 960Ti if you know ANYTHING :P

The next NVIDIA series cards will feature HBM2 however it is said that AMD will be stuck with HBM v1 for their next line up of cards. We'll be seeing Pascal featuring HBM2 sometime in 2016.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Dunno. Probably in 2017/2018 if I had to guess.

It's nothing to worry about right now anyways.

The next NVIDIA series cards will feature HBM2 however it is said that AMD will be stuck with HBM v1 for their next line up of cards. We'll be seeing Pascal featuring HBM2 sometime in 2016.

Not all of them will have HBM2. The mid-tier and lower will have GDDR5X (I think the low end cards are getting that anyways, or it might be regular GDDR)

I expect 4k gaming at the 980 level, pascal will have HM2 which nvidia should want to release as soon as possible

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

well... nvidia is gonna need a new titan in spring, i guess...

Not all of them will have HBM2. The mid-tier and lower will have GDDR5X (I think the low end cards are getting that anyways, or it might be regular GDDR)

some of the current GT cards have choice between a low amount of GDDR5, or a higher amount of DDR3. i'm guessing they wont bother much with changing these tho, as most of them are just downclocked rebrands.

Thanks for reminding me about that. Chances are the 70 series GPU's and up will have HBM.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

?? I hadn't heard anything about AMD not using HBM2 in 2016, I thought it was a certainty, with perhaps their low end cards using combination of HBM and GDDR5.

I'll settle for a Fury at half price :D,cause current prices in Australia are garbage and make little sense.

Fury Nano $1200, Fury X $999-$1149 and Fury $969​

?? I hadn't heard anything about AMD not using HBM2 in 2016, I thought it was a certainty, with perhaps their low end cards using combination of HBM and GDDR5.

I'll settle for a Fury at half price :D,cause current prices in Australia are garbage and make little sense.

Fury Nano $1200, Fury X $999-$1149 and Fury $969​

I've been reading that NVIDIA got first dibs on HBM2 and that AMD is in short supply of HBM and might just run with HBM again on their next time around since it should be easier to manufacture. The low amount of HBM on the market is also the reason for the shortage of the Fury GPU's at launch.

I've been reading that NVIDIA got first dibs on HBM2 and that AMD is in short supply of HBM and might just run with HBM again on their next time around since it should be easier to manufacture. The low amount of HBM on the market is also the reason for the shortage of the Fury GPU's at launch.

Hmm ok, my understanding was AMD was dealing with Hynix, and Nvidia was with Samsung, or something like that?!

Probably around Q2 to Q3 of 2016 would be my guess.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick