just built PC, can't use internet

Motorcate
Go to solution Solved by yannickverc,

There will be a LAN-driver on the website of your MOBO. You always need a LAN-driver to be able to use the internet. (Download all your drivers on a USB before building a PC and then you can install them from the USB)

i have just built a PC with windows 8 and i am unable to gain access to the internet.

when i click on the icon in the taskbar and then click on the Network and Sharing Center. under the section 'View your basic network information and set up connections' it doesn't show my PC, Network or Internet it just shows up with an error saying "There are no connections available".

also, when i troubleshoot via internet explorer, it says i have missing drivers, and i am unaware of any drivers that i would need to install just to access the internet.

any help would be great

thanks in advance <3

There will be a LAN-driver on the website of your MOBO. You always need a LAN-driver to be able to use the internet. (Download all your drivers on a USB before building a PC and then you can install them from the USB)

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Are you using a Wifi adapter or ethernet?

i am using ethernet

you need to install the LAN drivers

use the one from the CD that came with the mobo

then proceed to down the rest from the mobo manufacturer

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i am using the Asus X99-A/USB 3.1

where on the website can i find the drivers?

https://www.asus.com/support

Intel 4690K 4.5 GTX 970 Strix ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 LGA 1150 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB NZXT Black/Red Kingston 240GB SSD && Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3TB HDD Corsair H60 Corsair Builder 500W

PCPartPicker

Here you go

Select the correct OS and scroll down to LAN

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

thank you both, would this work if i download to a USB?

Yea you download it to your USB and then install on your new PC, reboot et voila

thank you both, would this work if i download to a USB?

yea

Intel 4690K 4.5 GTX 970 Strix ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 LGA 1150 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB NZXT Black/Red Kingston 240GB SSD && Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3TB HDD Corsair H60 Corsair Builder 500W

PCPartPicker

Lan driver is the main one to get, it's easier to have all the drivers on one USB to just install them but no it's not needed straight away.

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT