Pfsense Web inrerfrance not opening after connecting it into a router,

We_Master

hey!

so today i installed pfsense i did all the setup and stuff first i was haveing setup (my internet cable) cat5 eth > my pfsense wan > my pc's lan

it worked flawlessly! and i was able to do the whole web config next off i wanted to use my wifi so what i did was,

(internet cable) cat5 eth > pfsense > router's wan (in DHCP) > Pc's lan

and i was able to browse the internet but the web UI doesn't work i can't goto my pf sense webui with the router on the way plz help :(

post-221722-0-44970400-1448886379_thumb.

and yes my router is haveing openwrt custom firmware installed, 

which interference of the router do i need to setup bridge mode on? wan or lan?

You have to be patient. The people that have the knowledge to help you aren't necessarily just sitting in front of their computer screen, waiting to answer your questions.

Somebody already told you what you need to do. You have to set your router to bridge mode. Nobody told you set up a bridge on any specific interface, they said to set the ROUTER to bridge mode.

You have a router handing out IP adresses on one network set up behind a router handing out IP addresses on a different network. That is wrong.

You have to configure your wifi router into either bridge mode or access point mode. Make sure that DHCP is off and assign your wifi router a static IP. I'm not sure if OpenWRT supports assigning the WAN port to switch; if it does not, then you should have nothing plugged into your wan port on the wifi router. It should be connected to your pfSense box through one of the LAN ports.

ohh so i should have the pfsense lan cable connected to my routers lan1 and have the cable from lan 2 to my pc?

hey!

so today i installed pfsense i did all the setup and stuff first i was haveing setup (my internet cable) cat5 eth > my pfsense wan > my pc's lan

it worked flawlessly! and i was able to do the whole web config next off i wanted to use my wifi so what i did was,

(internet cable) cat5 eth > pfsense > router's wan (in DHCP) > Pc's lan

and i was able to browse the internet but the web UI doesn't work i can't goto my pf sense webui with the router on the way plz help :(

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

You need to connect pf sense to your routers LAN. The wan doesn't allow communication through it.

humm, but is there a way i can make my wifi work too?

I'll say it again.

You MUST put your OpenWRT router into Access Point mode. Until you do this, nothing will work as it should.

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/bridgedap

As far as which port to use to connect the OpenWRT box to the pfSense box. The WAN port is normally isolated. dd-wrt firmwares have to option to assign the WAN port to the switch. If OpenWRT has this option, select it and you may use the WAN port to connect to the pfSense box. This is the ONLY way to be able to use the WAN port for anything. If OpenWRT does not have the option to assign the WAN port to switch, it can NOT be used for anything and must be left empty.

hummm, i would really need a good guide to do all these for now what i did is i plug the pfsense cable into the wan and have my pc's cable plugged into the lan 2 on router then i change the pfsense cable to the lan 1 and now the internet works but not the webUI and after that to make the web ui work i do is put a cable inot the lan 3 and put that same cable into the wan on router to make it work, :P i need a better solution

hummm, i would really need a good guide to do all these for now what i did is i plug the pfsense cable into the wan and have my pc's cable plugged into the lan 2 on router then i change the pfsense cable to the lan 1 and now the internet works but not the webUI and after that to make the web ui work i do is put a cable inot the lan 3 and put that same cable into the wan on router to make it work, [emoji14] i need a better solution

Plug your modem into the pfsense wan, and restart the modem. Plug your other router into the LAN of both devices, not the LAN, and make sure to turn off dhcp on the other routers. Once you've done that it should work fine. If you need more clarification I can make a video of my network where I had this same problem.

yeah could you make a you tube video showing it and post it on this forum plz?

Your PFSense box may have been assigned a DHCP ip address which is different from 192.168.1.1

I'd use nmap and check for which addresses in your subnet are active to find the box.

Try "nmap -sP 192.168.1.1/24" and you should see the ip of the pfsense box.